Help with an old story? Creepy or Eerie comics?

dalekcommander

Newly Enlightened
Hey all! It's been entirely too long since my last visit and I have no excuse other than the real world has been encrouching more and more on my life.:(

I do have a need to pick someones brain right now - and I feel bad about that because I believe I already asked this question some time ago here - and got an answer, but have misplaced the information.

I am getting my brain around writing a story and I need to find information on the inspiration for it. I'm thinking it was an old Creepy or Eerie magazine, but it may have been something like Sgt Rock also.

The story was maybe two pages at most, very little dialogue and started in WW1. Two brothers are fighting the Germans from their machinegun position in a field - eventually they are killed. In the next couple of panels we see their bodies being consumed by the passage of time and the growing of the field.
Flash to WW2; the Germans are again attacking through the same field - and at a critical point in the battle, the two soldiers, now skeletons - rise up from the ground and start firing their machinegun again at the Germans!

Now, I know - it's nothing to go on - unless you were/are a fan of Creepy, Eerie or Sgt Rock. Like I said, I believe someone here had been able to give me the title of the story and what magazine it had come from.

I would appreciate any help!

Thanks.:grin2: