Sad but true...I love my Romisen RC-F4...

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
Received my new Romisen RC-F4 today. For a $14.60 light http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7999 this little unit kicks some major A$$!

For such a cheap, small light, I can easily light up the length and across my basement.

The build seems to be quit well in my opinion. Nothing solid like a Fenix T1. The finish is quite nice and even, the writing on the side is very clear and ledgible. One simple mode. Works great!

Definitely worth the price. I am very glad I made this purchase.

SuperTorch

Enlightened
I bought one too becuase of the high praise it's got from it's owners. Have it in hand and the quality seems much nicer than price, waiting on my batteries to arrive from ebay - no way I'm paying retail for CR123. Anyhow can't wait to see its beam pattern for the $20.00 I'll have paid for light and batteries combined.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's sad about that? It's just another proof (not that there was any need) that cheap does not mean bad.

+2 on that.

Most of us has spend so much time here that we believe that a light must cost a lot of dollars to be any good, and that a cheap light can't be trusted, and forgetting that a light really isnt really complicated to make. At least it don't have to be.

Last edited:

Anarchocap

Enlightened
Nothing sad about it! This sucker is as bright as my Surefire G2Z with P61 lamp which only lasts for 20 dimming sickly yellow minutes. With constant brightness for 1.5 hours, great build quality, and literally 1/5th the price, this is an excellent buy!

Probedude

Enlightened
The RC-F4 is my first 'real' LED flashlight and I'm very impressed. Up until the holidays I had the opinion that LED's still weren't bright enough to be used as a decent flashlight. Boy was I wrong. Love the price point too.

Dave

SuperTorch

Enlightened
+1 Something you can't deny about the Romisen is the surface finish and how the parts mate.

Yea, for the money the fit and finish are flawless, tail cap reminds me of my Invoa X03 in it's perfect fit.

The lens is mineral and the ultra deep heavy orange peel reflector shows a very nicley thought out little light. Romisen lights are now on my radar screen. Now that I have it in hand the fit and finish are nicer than I expected. At $14.80 to my door I thought what the He**, now its here - I'm like OH Yea, I'd like to hear from owners of other Romisen made lights that they feel are under appreciated because I will buy me another one if it strikes me right. I't my kinda bargin. Usually this price range isn't regulated does any one know if this one has any type at all? Can't wait on my batts.

+2 on that.

Most of us has spend so much time here that we believe that a light must cost a lot of dollars to be any good, and that a cheap light can't be trusted, and forgetting that a light really isnt really complicated. At least it don't have to be.

yea simple 1 stage on off - full blast and from what I hear it has great spill and great throw my kinda combination.

:popcorn:

SuperTorch

Enlightened
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3609

Hmm single AA for $10.90 to my door....Trigger Pulled. It's a sickness, we all have it, I can't wait to get it. :)

Looks light the ultimate glove box light. no worries about scraching it since you got it so cheap. Nice build and easiest to find battery on the planet. I'll grab a 4 pack of Energizer Lithium AA's from Walmart for $9.50 making it $13.50 with a lithium battery and just enjoy it. It'll take a while to burn through 4AA's.

Last edited:

SuperTorch

Enlightened
Well I got my RC-F4 and my batteries came in from ebay. 2 of the 4 batteries that I bought were dammaged in shipping beyond use so I paid more than retail for the remaining 2 - $11.98. Put those into my RC-F4 ready to justify my flasholicism and it won't come on at all. $26.00 down the drain. Oh well lession learned.

Well the problem is in the tail cap/switch since a direct wire from body to battery lights it up.. Threads in tail cap seem to be anodized do I need to file that?

Last edited:

bessiebenny

Enlightened
I must admit, I might have had some affect in the RC-F4 craze. =P
(I think I was one of the first to get one and review it here. hehe)
But even if I didn't mention it, it would havetaken off anyways. =)

Well the problem is in the tail cap/switch since a direct wire from body to battery lights it up.. Threads in tail cap seem to be anodized do I need to file that?

No. It doesn't use the threads it seems. It conducts via end of the body to the side of the switch module. Do you have a DMM? If so, try measuring the resistence from spring to the side-part of the switch module. It should tell you if the actual switch works or not.

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
Well I got my RC-F4 and my batteries came in from ebay. 2 of the 4 batteries that I bought were dammaged in shipping beyond use so I paid more than retail for the remaining 2 - $11.98. Put those into my RC-F4 ready to justify my flasholicism and it won't come on at all. $26.00 down the drain. Oh well lession learned.

You should be able to see two small indentations or holes in the tailcap ring. Make sure that ring is not lose. If it is lose, the light will NOT work.

- Vikas

SuperTorch

Enlightened
I did take that totally apart and out of the base, tightened every thing and put it back in the tail cap. Nope. The tailcap threads appaer anodized all the way inside, but I thought the path is through end of the flashlight and the bottom of the switch so I don't know. Now that I've seen the beam pattern I know I want this to work, surley I can get it too :duh2: ?

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might have a bad switch. Take apart the tailcap and check the switch module with a multimeter.

What emitter does this use? P4? Q5?

SuperTorch

Enlightened
I think P4. I have to get a battery for my multimeter but will check soon. I know I have a switch in a old TaskForce 3W that is about the same size, I don't have a dremel but I do have a cheap file. :)

sims2k

Enlightened
Bought my first RC-F4 many months ago when it came out. The F4 has been my EDC ever since. I have dropped it so many times on concrete that the lights is beginning to show scratches and dents...but it still keeps going. In the mean time I bought six more to give away to friends and family. Way cheaper than what I paid for my SF L2, U2, and others Surefires and Inova lights. Such a simple light that is a joy to use....at least for me. The light has impressed many of my co-workers every time I use it. One little wish ... I wish a 2AA light would be as bright as this one. Anyway...I don't have much to complain about this light using CR123 as I have accumulated about 60 CR123 batteries from an auction sale for the price of another RC-F4. Just my 02 cents here.:)

SuperTorch

Enlightened
Well I think at the very worst I can solder the switch spring to the switch base and turn it into a twist on and twist off like a lot of people like here.

Latest posts