Turn Your Stinger Into A Weapon

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Discovered and kindly sent to me by our very own BuddTX, this is an accessory that replaces the endcap on our issued Streamlight PolyStingers:

fc7a183c.jpg

It is milled from a solid aluminum billet, and even has the same machined recess for spare bulb storage as the original endcap:

fc7a183b.jpg

fc7a1839.jpg

Actually designed more as a prod (hence the name, "Motivator"), I found that double corrugated cardboard boxes were no match for its penetrating power, and I am sure that wood and other soft materials would capitulate in similar fashion, but I did not want to scuff the beautifully ominous black anodized finish just yet:

fc7a1837.jpg

And the cost is quite reasonable:

fc7a1836.jpg

fc7a1835.jpg

Since receiving it a couple of weeks ago I have already sampled its utility in "motivating" a couple of uncooperative suspects, those unwilling to make peaceful entry into the glorious threshold of police custody.

Especially during these tumultuous times of heightened national security awareness, I steadfastly remain your humble servant,

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love to have one, but one look at the stinger on that light and the bosses were I work would go into anaphylaxis shock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now we know why it's called a Stinger.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charlie,

Glad you like it. VERY nice pictures! With this endcap, the name "STINGER" takes on a different meaning!

Hey, I just thought of something, you should reference your web page, in your signature.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
I saw a similar kind of device at a recent gun show here. It was for the Bezel end of a surefire, and it was a collar with "teeth" all around it. Could be quite painful when dug into a person's skin, definitely a "motivator" type of device...

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe those are the TID (Tactical Impact Devices) you are talking about. You can find some more info and pics here. There have been several threads on them a little while back if I remember correctly.

Will these fit the "standard" metal stingers? I don't believe they would work on the XT because of the tailcap switch, but it looks like they would on a normal one.

-Mike

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Unfortunately, it won't work on a Stinger XT - there's no alternate bezel switch, only the tail cap - but it looks like a promising upgrade to the Stinger. I just want to get a Stinger that has "Honolulu Police Department" written on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hmmmm... maybe I'll post something for Mr. Bulk in the Trade/Sell/Buy section... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jim

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello MR Bulk,

I just noticed that my Mini Mag with a kroll switch looks just like that. However every time I try to motivate my son, I get blinded by the light (BB400 conversion).

Oh well... bad joke...

Tom

Larry1582

Enlightened
How much is the Motivator? I had emailed ProDefense, but I never got a response and I did not find it on the WEB Site.

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well....worse comes to worse, one could now use their flashlight as a garden stake. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Dan

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hey, tailcap "Stinger" -- now I get it! Shoulda thought of it first and used a catchy title.

Bruce, good idea and I'd like to do that, but how do you make a clickable link using the picture?

Mike, Yes, I believe it was actually designed for the metal Stinger, I just happened to put it on the (Poly) Stinger I had.

Josh, Yes, a true two-way weapon -- three-way, if you count the light blinding someone from up close.

Jim, the temptation to sell it is exciting, but the consequences to my livelihood would be even more exciting.

Tom, I got it, very hilarious! There's an ethnic joke just waiting to be hatched on that one...

Larry, the published price (look on the package label) is $16.95.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love that--'cause I love the kubaton (which I've always called my "motivator").
Much more practical than that TID crap.
A "prod", heehee /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Now that's PC.
Most folks probably don't realize just how effective that "prod" will be as an impact weapon. You'll have to use it to believe it.

Thanks for posting this. Can't wait to get one. Hopefully it'll never be used...but what a great option /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hi Charlie,
here is your clickable pic... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

{url=http://darkgear.com/mrbulk/]{image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid39/p0e3166dc884ad0c76f27dc1682438bde/fd0bdffd.gif[/image][/url]

Just replace the accolades before url and image with sqare brackets. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Hey guys, check this out for your scorpions and stingers:

These are also available for the Inova X5!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Thanks for the intstruction on the clickable pics, Bart!