Best, brightest LED under $35?

generic808

Enlightened
Just wondering everyone's opinions on the best LED light which can be had brand-new under $35? The X5 seems to be a favorite here on CPF, but what else is good? I currently use the TX3.0 and I'm pretty happy with it, but I wanted something that is brighter and runs longer. Opinions?

Marduke

Flashaholic
You might want to do a search for the word "brightest" in titles only.

This exact question has been asked MANY times over the past few weeks alone. One even has the same $35 price point :poke:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Brighter than X5 is a piece of cake! Longer runtime is a bit tougher.

I have a DX Sku 10688 MTE Q5 5-mode on order from DX. Something like that will be both WAY brighter and with a low mode will last too.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Well, what kind of output? Throw? Flood? Best for the battery?

For under $35, you pretty much limit yourself to Dealextreme lights. Some are great, some are crap. Just read the reviews and you will probably won't be disappointed. Check the Cree/Seoul/Rebel section.

Gaffle

Enlightened
I am quite happy with my Jetbeam C-LE. It is in the $35 range, but it isn't the brightest. I would check it out. A lifetime warranty is something to consider.

bspofford

Enlightened
The Trustfire V-68C Q5 is a bright multimode light but has two problems. It ships without an o-ring at the lens, and it needs an insulator disc over the emitter to prevent the aluminum reflector from shorting it out. Fix these, and it is a nice type II light for < $30. The Q5 multimode Conqueror including a holster is on sale at New Excite for $33.99 including shipping. Although it is only a Q2, the two-mode WF-400 is a solid contender at $23.

sawlight

Enlightened
The Task Force 2C from Lowes is a throw monster for a bit over $20!!!! Make sure you get the one with 150 lumens on the package (there is more, sorry I can't remember it now).
But it's ALL throw!!!

Griz

Newly Enlightened
Inova T1 is around $35, rated at 85 lumens. Small enough to carry in your pocket.....A very well built and tough flashlight.