OLight T15 Problem

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a T15 (non-Q5) a few weeks ago. The first two levels were identical in output. Now I know many lights have levels that are hard to tell apart with the naked eye, but this one was identical on the lux meter. Current draw at the battery measured 1.49A on high, and actually 1.50A on the second highest level. So, I sent it back for a replacement, which came in the mail today. This one does the same thing! No difference in the first two levels. High on this one measures 1.12A, and the next level measures exactly the same. I've tried several different NiMH AA batteries.

Here's the readings:
Level 1: (High) 1.12A
Level 2: 1.12A
Level 3: 0.56A
Level 4: 0.30A
Level 5: 0.15A

Has anyone else experienced this? If anyone can post their readings, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the Q5 version of this light the same way? Also if it is will you have this problem if you use Alk or Energizer Litiums?

Thanks

Bill

kilgor

Enlightened
Is the Q5 version of this light the same way? Also if it is will you have this problem if you use Alk or Energizer Litiums?

Thanks

Bill

Mine was the Q5 version.

I had the problem with Energizer alkalines, 2000 maH Sanyo Eneloops, 2500 maH Energizer NiMH, and 2650 maH Duracell NiMH.

Fortunately, Matt at BatteryJunction replaced it. Unfortunately the replacement never lit up out of the box. Matt refunded my money.

:thumbsup: to BatteryJunction.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks

Bill

I just tried an Energizer Lithium E2 and a Duracell Alkaline... same thing, no change in brightness between the first two levels.

I also bought mine from Battery Junction. Matt did a great job in getting a replacement to me. Too bad it does the same thing as the first one... I really hate to bug him again.

Does anyone have one that does display a noticeable difference between the two first levels? (On an alkaline or NiMH that is)

Dreamer

Newly Enlightened
I just tried an Energizer Lithium E2 and a Duracell Alkaline... same thing, no change in brightness between the first two levels.

I also bought mine from Battery Junction. Matt did a great job in getting a replacement to me. Too bad it does the same thing as the first one... I really hate to bug him again.

Does anyone have one that does display a noticeable difference between the two first levels? (On an alkaline or NiMH that is)

I hv the T15 Q5 and its the same on the first 2 levels.