Why?? Why did I come here!?!?!?

paddling_man

Newly Enlightened
I'm just a simple man. Really. A simple man with the only real vice as an addiction to INFI. (Busse Combat blades.) How many hours have I spent working the f5 at the Co Store? Weekends at Blade show in Atlanta or Knob Creek? Ending up a mod over at Bladeforums??

So... amidst my cheap torches, I had a SF E2E-HA. I loved that little light but lost it a few weeks ago. I can live without it... right? I've got other - more pedestrian lights.

Nope... I had to have another. So, I wander over here to CPF. Not my first visit but I more just searched for the info and left in the past - sort of like just sticking my head in the door.

What happened?! Did you guys put something in the water??

In the last couple of weeks, I found a great deal on a replacement E2e, got turned onto and received a Fenix Q5 P3D, and - what?! - Aviator at 50% at SW? Why, that's only an hour from here. Yep... got one of those as well.

Why was it I stopped by Lowe's tonight? Oh, yeah. For the TF Cree 2-c. (Great light, by the way!)

Why can't I stop? What happened?

And why do I now want one of these sooooo bad that I'm considering selling some INFI to fund it???

Help?? :candle:

DSCF0011.jpg

steed77

Newly Enlightened
HaHaHa. I too lurked here looking for a brighter Pelican M6. in a short time, like 15 lights later... here I am.

Good luck :poke:

BTW, that light you posted is FANTASTIC.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome Paddling_Man. Since you and the other Hogs helped convince me to get a Swamp Rat, I'll return the favor by convincing you to get too many wicked flashlights. :devil:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Attention all planets of the Solar Federation, we have assumed control! :laughing::laughing::tinfoil::laughing::laughing:

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
There should be a graphic on the first CPF screen that links to the forums with the skull and crossbones, an empty wallet, and the old "abandon all hope...." saying. We were all told when we got here, we tell others as they show up, and yet we all keep sinking further and further..........

Illum

Flashaholic
Resistors Are Futile...You Will Be Asslaminated!!! :) :D :)

think of it this way, there was darkness, once you were submerged in it, you saw light, you felt your way against the wall of darkness towards the light.
you became enlightened
the light at the end of the tunnel is not really the end of the tunnel, but the headlight of an oncoming train...
we've all been through there, I was there and back again:ohgeez:

many of us began the addiction thinking its fun...until it got expensive and started regretting the decision....ironically despite the discussion on lights, the forum is more like a black hole in space:whistle:

da.gee

Enlightened
I have zero sympathy for you. I came here looking for battery information and fell into the void. I'm still here many flashlights later. Oh yea, then there's all the batteries too.

ugrey

Enlightened
Asslaminated? I am ROTFLM Laminated A## off. Thats a good one, may I quote you?

paddling_man

Newly Enlightened
There should be a graphic on the first CPF screen that links to the forums with the skull and crossbones,

Or just this...

unworthy.jpg

(Mods- Sorry if I posted in the wrong sub-forum. One would think I would know better. Still learning my way around here. ;) )

Last edited:

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
:welcome: You got sucked in at a very good time. If it makes you feel any better just tell yourself that you can stop buying lights any time you want to. Of course when that fails remember that you'll need at least one each of the following:

- A long running, lower output light for preserving night vision, for use during power outages, and finding brighter lights.

- A retina evaporating, super powerful light for lighting things up on the horizon line, when things go bump in the night, and for impressing the unenlightened

- An adjustable level light so you can have hi and low output and everything in between, plus SOS & strobe, if you want

- A small EDC light to carry on you at all times

- A slightly larger EDC light to carry with you almost at all times

- A bigger light to put in a back pack or bail out bag that will be with you most of the time

- An area light, most LED lanterns or a Fenix with diffuser cap are good for this

- A super expensive, premium, custom, rare, etc. light to serve as a shelf queen

- Lights for your car(s)

- Beater lights that you're not too attached to, so they can be lent to others

And when you have all that done, then you can start thinking about what lights would make good gifts for friends and family.

:broke::broke::broke::welcome: