Browning tactical hunter?

zebco

Newly Enlightened
I have one. Not bad for the size or the price I paid. Has high and low settings. I don't know much of the technical jargon as many do here, so I won't go there. But I think the 210 lumens is exaggerated. It's about the same to my eye as my Inova T3, which claims 150 lumens. The Browning is a bit smaller though and easier to carry. And I like the red, blue, and green filters that are included.

mfilippello

Newly Enlightened
sorry to bring up an old thread but I have this flashlight in the 175 lumen version. It uses a Luxeon Rebel Led. It runs off 2 cr123 batteries (6v). I tried to run it off one Ultrafire 17670 1800ma battery but the output is less than with the two cr123 primaries. It draws only .40amps withe the 17670 and around .80 amps with fresh cr123's. problem is I would like to run rechargeable batteries in it. I put a pair of AW IMR 16340 batteries that I have in an incandescent light to test and wow did they make this sucker bright. it is pulling 1.7amps. Question is, can this led handle the 8.4 volts and this current. I only drove it for a few seconds but the light is bright white and didn't turn blue. Anybody know what driver is in these things and if the aw imr batteries are too strong for this light, what would be a good solution. AW makes a protected rcr123a (3.7v) as well as their regulated 3.2v lifepo4 cells. They also have their protected and unprotected 17670 cells. I would imagine the aw cells will flow more current than the ultrafire. Just trying to figure out which battery combo would be highest performing yet still safe to use.