Is their a beam difference between L1 Cree and E1L Cree?

Fooboy

Enlightened
Aside from lumen output, is there a beam shape or flood v. throw difference?

Thinking of getting an E1l if its more floody. If not, probably no need to get it.

Thanks!

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Other than the L1 being brighter they have very similar beam characteristics. The E1L has been noted to have a greenish tint as some like myself have noticed.

If you get the E1L, get the F04 beam diffuser from SF and it will make the beam floddy.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
It, umm, just so happens I have both the E1L Cree and L1 Cree. Here. In my pocket. I'm not kidding. :D

The E1L has a much tighter hotspot - about half the diameter at a given distance. That says to me that it may just out-throw the L1, but neither are meant to be throwers. The hotspot is actually brighter than the L1s on high. Both beams are very smooth with a well defined hotspot abruptly going to a pretty dim spill.

The E1L is not as white as the L1, but that's the luck of the draw. It's still quite white. It could just as easily have been the reverse.

I do like the clickie on the E1L. I like the twistie on the L1. Hmmm.

Zenster

Enlightened
The E1L is not as white as the L1, but that's the luck of the draw. It's still quite white. It could just as easily have been the reverse.

I do like the clickie on the E1L. I like the twistie on the L1. Hmmm.

I've had an E1L for a week or so and love it. I guess I must have won the lottery because the light of my E1L has no green or blue tone whatsoever.

And because I like the E1L so much, the L1 is on my short list of what to get next because of it's additional brightness choices (both higher and lower than the E1L), probably ordering in the next few days.