Fenix T1 w/smooth reflector, what a smooth reflector?

ddgarcia05

Newly Enlightened
I'm set on getting a Fenix T1 on Friday, and have noticed they have a and slightly modded version equipped with a Smooth Reflector, I was wondering what is that good for? Is it worth the extra money for a Smooth Reflector, will I see a difference? What is the difference between the the two? I'm also going to be buying the AW RCR123 charger with the 2 batteries + 2 extra RCR123's. I was also wondering if anyone knows the code for get a discount on Fenix-Store.com that is given to CPF members. I've used it a couple of time but always forget it. Thanks.

Marduke

Flashaholic
The smooth reflector version is the same price as the regular version :thinking:

The smooth reflector will give you maximum throw compared to the orange peel one.

CPF8 code

ddgarcia05

Newly Enlightened
Is there a major difference in the Beam? Can you really see the difference?

Helmut.G

Enlightened
you can see the 'ring' clearly shining the light at a white wall, but if you really use it you will hardly notice it

planoflash

Newly Enlightened
ddgarcia05...

I have the Fenix T1 with OP (from Fenix Store preorder), the UltraFire 138 charger and (4) AW protected RCR123 (from AW). This is an excellent package. I personally don't see a need for the smooth reflector on the T1 for ME. It's throw and balanced spill with the OP (orange peel) reflector are very good. I certainly would not give up some spill for increased throw, but again that's my opinion and other's may vary. The Fenix T1 unit as originally designed is great. Again, IMO, if a smooth reflector was more beneficial for it's intended use, I feel that Fenix would have introduced the unit in that configuration. Enjoy your T1, I do.

PS I like the clip, some don't, you may??

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i hate smooth. makes no sense to me having a small spot and no spill.