Malkoff M60 Q5 or WE Q5

heztai

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I have a wolf eyes defender with rechargables and just wondering which one is a better drop in for it. I am a LEO and not sure which one I should get. Does the malkoff fit in a WE? Also where is a good place to buy the drop in? I am looking at the HIGH POWER MALKOFF Q5 or the WE Q5.

Thanks!

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
I favor the Wolf-Eyes modules as they are particularly well made and have an excellent combination of throw and spill. The assembly spring acts as a shock absorber of sorts, outputs a very white tint and is an overall solid performer. You cannot go wrong with a WE.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few of the WE drop ins. They are pretty nice.

I run one of the Q2 modules in a Sniper body as a Shotgun mounted light on duty.
I run a Q5 module on my Patrol Carbine.

I have a third module in my PILA GL2R and currently carry a FOX-1 on the duty belt as my primary flashlight.

The WE modules are very well made and bright. As a carbine mounted light they give off a bit more spill than I like but until I get either a Tiablo or Deree It'll have to do.

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
As has already been pointed out, the Malkoff will not work for you. I would just like to say that I own several P60 drop-ins from BOG, WE, DX and Malkoff. There is no comparison when it comes to build quality -- Malkoff is the best IMHO. I would agree that the WE is more floody than the Malkoff, but my primary use is as weapon-mounted lights. In this usage, the Malkoff with SI bezel, 9P (or 6P) body and momentary/clicky tailcap is one heck of a great setup.

YMMV

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I checked the BOG site. The super duper premium drop in is Out Of Stock.:mecry: