Choose one from Fenix P3D, T1 & lumahunter mrv

ric33

Newly Enlightened
I 'm new to the forum. I want to choose one from Fenix P3D CE, Fenix T1 and LUmahunter MRV.
Would any one give me suggestion?
Thanks in advance!:sssh:

LightGeek.net

Newly Enlightened
I've got a lumahunter, and it's amazing. In fact, it's my weapon of choice for when the dog gets out the fence and heads off into the woods at night!

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ric:

It depends on what you want to use the light for. I cannot speak to the MRV, but as between the P3D and T1 (I have both of course :)), the P3D is easier to carry, and has the addition of more levels and strobe. But the T1 is a fine light too, for bedside, back yard, vehicle, etc.

BigD64

Enlightened
What are you going to use it for? The P3D fits easily into a pocket has 5 light levels, strobe and SOS function. The T1 is a very tough, very bright light with 2 levels. The MRV has the best throw( lighting distant objects). Each light has it's uses. If it's for EDC (every day carry) The P3D fits the bill I'd get a premium Q5 or a rebel 100 edition if you can find one. The MRV I'd get the Q2 digital or the Q5. The T1 is good but for some reason I find it a bit uncomfortable to carry. Also look at the Deerelight DBS if a good thrower is what you are looking for. Welcome to CPF!

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF. All three are great lights, but they have different strengths and weaknesses. Of the three, I'd first suggest the P3D because it's the most versatile of the three and, I find, the easiest to carry.

Saiga

Enlightened
If you can only have one,i'd say the P3D is the most versatile, and therefore the most practical.If for some reason you NEED (or just want) big-time throw,i'd go with the T1 because,while a little less powerful than the MRV, it's still quite a little powerhouse, it's way cheaper, and i've read more QC complaints about LumaPower than i have about Fenix.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Like every one else has said,

What do you need the light for?

The P3D would be the smallest and probably the most versatile.

The T1 should be in between the P3D and M1 in throw.

The M1 would be more of a thrower and larger.

If you want throw, I'd skip the MRV and go to the Dereelight DBS, easier to upgrade and more throw.

:welcome:

ric33

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your advises. I think I'll going to get the Fenix P3D CE.:)

spellitout

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your advises. I think I'll going to get the Fenix P3D CE.:)

:welcome:

If set on a cree P3D get a Q5 it is considerably brighter.

However, I would recommend recommend the P3D rebel 100. It's not quite as bright, but I think the warmer color really makes up for the 15 lumen difference.

On a side note, have you looked at the P2D Q5? If you can deal with less runtime, it's nearly the same light but 2/3 the size.

ric33

Newly Enlightened
I have one more question before I place my order.
It stated that I can only run the tubo mode for not more than 10 mins, otherwise the heat generated will damage the flashlight. Is it true or just a safety measures?
Thanks!:thinking:

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Safety measures. People have run their lights for longer in turbo and I haven't heard of anybody's light frying because of it.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
they only tell that you shouldn't do so at high ambient temperatures, and even that will not harm your light.
Many people (including me) have run their P3Ds accidentally in the pocket, it gets pretty hot and none of them failed:)

Empyfree

Enlightened
I have the P3D, great all round light with decent levels and good battery consumption...

I have ordered the T1, should be here any day now as it shipped aaages ago but the Royal Mail here in Britian is still working out how much tax to charge me!

I am curently (as I type!) ordering the MRV, I want to step outside my Fenix comfort zone and try a light from another manufacturer, I'm intrigued to see how good the throw is, as I was already impressed by the P3D.

SO I guess what I am saying, is Welcome to CPF and buy all three! :welcome:

Alero

Enlightened
My MRV feels like it's made better (quality) then my Fenix lights. In fact, I have a game I've played with several friends on various occations where I throw a bunch of lights on the table and see if they can place them in order of cost. They always put the MRV above Fenix AND Surefire. I really really love the MRV even though I have the older 210 lumen version. Really my only complaint is that they don't use a p-60 so it's a pain to upgrade.