6P clickie switch on G2?

arioch

Enlightened
Anyone have a 6P clickie switch and a G2? Does the threading match up? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Yes the Z48/Z49 do fit and function on the G2.

Please email me and I'll send you some photos when I get home tonight.

Respectfully,

Al

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Z49 and a black KL3 on a G2 body is one good lookin' light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
then why doesn't the regular LOTC fit or work on the G2? or does it? i'm confused /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Chamenos,

I don't know for certain but it could be due to the shape/size/design of the LOTC compared to the G2's TailCap.
The Z48/Z49 Clickies do fit and function on the G2.

Al

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
On another thread, a few weeks ago,it was suggested that wrapping a kroll clickie switch with aluminum foil several times and inserting it in G2 tail cap,minus factory switch and spring, leaving rubber tit, and you have a clickie G2. I tried it and it works, and works perfectly every time. Took it out reinstalled it and it works. Fail proof, cheap, and looks great.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I wouldn't call it "Fail Proof" because I know from testing done that the kroll clickie switch is not remotely durable enough to meet SureFire standards for switch reliability.

Al

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
In my earlier post re Kroll switch I left out removing Kroll rubber cap. Not as high tech as SureFire clickie but functional. ARC uses it for their LSH model, which I have. They give free replacement, but you can replace too. Cost $4.50. Get three. Good luck.

Orcinus Orca

Newly Enlightened
Would someone please post or send me some photos of the G2+Z48/49? If aesthetics are satisfactory I may consider it.

Respectively,
Dale