Do you carry more lights in the winter?

violatorjf

Newly Enlightened
I find myself carrying more due to my coat. In the summer I'm limited to my pant pockets. Now that I have a desk job I don't walk around anymore with a holster...guess I could though. :laughing:

Anyways my winter coat has a regular pocket on each side and then 3 on the inside, so I inevitably find myself leaving with between 3 and 6 lights depending on what I was doing last. One of the inside pockets almost seems like it was made for a m@g, my 2D fits in it perfectly. The top is only covered by a flap, no button or velcro, but as long as it doesn't get flipped upside down it won't be going anywhere.

Those of you who live in a warmer climate all year round may not be able to relate, but I was just thinking about it today as I live in Ohio and it's about 15 degrees out.

jchoo

Enlightened
I only ever carry 2 to 3 lights at any given time, including the fauxton on my keys and my Fenix P3D-CE. I do keep lights stashed all over the place, but in all honesty I'd rather carry a spare magazine than another flashlight.

e2x2e

Enlightened
Wow 6 at a time! I usually have two...one keychain/small light(Inova X1) and a larger, brighter one.

Khaytsus

Enlightened
I'll probably carry less in the summer, but I don't currently carry any in my coat, etc.. I have 5 on my person right now...

NiteCore Defender, Arc AAA, L0D CE Q4, P2D CE P4, Surefire E1e

I'm thinking the Arc AAA and E1e will be left in the car when I'm back in my cargo shorts.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah i normally carry more when it is winter because of my coat being able to carrying more, though i change my mind everytime i leave the house on what to bring..theres a good ten minutes of deciding before i leave.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not being a security officer, soldier or outdoorsy type I see little point in carrying more than one light, and that one (currently, and I suspect for a long time, a NDI) sits in my left pants pocket.
I also have a fauxton attached to my keychain, but that's more of a light insertion helper than an actual flashlight. :p

Regardless, I only ever carry those two, whichever season it might be.

To answer the original question in a somewhat relevant way, I also carry around a digicam, a mp3 player and a PDA. In winter I stuff them in my coat's pockets, but in summer I'm forced to carry a fanny pack. Not fantastic aesthetically, but I'm *not* leaving my electronics at home. :p So if I were a multiflashlight kind of guy I'd carry them all in there too. :)

nbp

Flashaholic
Yes, because the days are shorter too, and when it is getting dark at 4 pm in WI, there is a lot more need for lights than in the summer when it's light until 9 pm. Ah...Winter in Wisconsin.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, not really.
I do find I may have more lights in accessible places like coat pockets during winter due to more dark hours. But because I have to have a jacket half the time in the middle of summer around here, I generally don't go up in number. And regardless of the season, weather or other situation, I always carry my manpurse everywhere which gives me more than enough room for moving about plenty of lumens and power.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I generally carry an extra light in the winter because of the coat pockets but only four in total and two of those are Photons.I can't see carrying more than that unless I want an extra light to play around with.Of course I do have spares stashed around should the need arise.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry more THIS winter than I did last winter, lol. On my person, I currently have a Fenix P1D-CE P4, P1D-CE Premium Q5, L1T V2.0 RB80 and a Maglite 2D ROP. Got an L0D-CE Q4 on the way too, not quite sure where to carry that yet.

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
I always carry my EDC, keyring light in keys, sometimes photon freedom around neck. In my winter coat I have Fenix E0 and LumaPower D-Mini. In the summer I cant really carry a lot of lights due to the clothes. And usually dont need to since its almost sunny outside when Im going to bed. So I get by with the usual EDC then. So yes, in the winter I do carry more lights! Agree to rather carry extra batts than a lot of lights.

I find it hard walking around with a lot of extra weight in the jacket, I have a lot of other stuff other than lights, so i need a big jacket... almost looks like the micheline guy.. :)

GreySave

Enlightened
I do not normally carry more lights, but I do carry different lights. Because of my working hours I may both arrive at and depart from work in the dark. I change the light(s) I carry during those months so that I have lights I can count on if activated during my working hours. Usually that means a shift away from the Huntlight I carry during the summer to SureFires or Inovas. It also means that I may on some days carry more than one light if I believe the possibility of an activation is greater.

Uncle Bob

Enlightened
I keep the number of lights the same although I do switch to primary lithium batteries. I substitute an Inova X5 for a UK 4aa eLed zoom to which I sometimes attach an orange traffic wand for negotiating dark intersections. I also attach REI reflective ankle bands to each forearm area of my North Face parka because it's black and gray.They help traffic to see me better.

Last night I saw a fella walking his dog in the snow. The pooch had a multi-colored blinking LED light on his collar. It sure made a difference in noticing her.