So how do you guys carry your SureFires?

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
After a long while of being content with non-SF's, I recently have been picking up some here and there and find myself liking them.

What I don't like is their irregular shape and weak clip. My L1 Cree has fallen off my belt already once, dinging the bezel. Which is fine for me, I use my lights and don't mind character marks, but I'd prefer to get 'neater' dings, not lame ones that come from bending over and dislodging a weak clip :shrug:

So, how do you all carry your SF's? I have an L4, an E1E, an A2, a U2, and an L1 Cree...and would like to find the best carry method.

Btw, I carry my HDS in a holster and it has no dings, even though I'm not especially careful with it. I feel like SFs get undue wear simply because they will not readily fit into a holster (except probably those 6P's I guess).

apdb90

Newly Enlightened
I carry my SF lights with a clip (E2e for example) clipped into my pocket just like a pocket knife. In my case (I'm LE), I carry my E2e in my left rear pocket. That way, I can access my light with my left hand and my pistol with my right. I've never had it fall out of my pocket, and never found their clips to be weak or cause failures or loss.:shrug:

Numbers

Enlightened
SF V21 for E2L and L4, though holster is a bit large, SF V82 for L1, although I removed the lanyard ring from the light to make it fit. Smaller SF lights drop into pocket w/o using clip, larger SF's are carried in a bag, case or backpack etc...

GreySave

Enlightened
I use Maxpedition and Wolf-Eyes belt holsters. Sometimes I carry three lights and a six pack of spare batteries in a slim line case all in one small digital camera pouch attached vbia a belt loop.

GBone

Newly Enlightened
I have carried my E2e, E2d, L1, L2, C2 and C3 all the same way for years and have never had an issue.

I clip them horizontally through my belt loop just to the left of my belt buckle. This keeps them riding out of the way and easy accessible to my left hand in the event I have to draw my firearm with my right hand.

Give it a shot... you may like it! :)

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Depends on which SureFire.

For my EDC SF's (like my TW4 clones and other 1x123 lights) - it's clipped to my left rear pocket. Zero issues with the pocket clip.

For my 6P/G2/Z2/9Z, it's usually in a holster

-Steve

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the replies guys. GBone's method is pretty interesting, though I fear for unnecessary damage if it bounces around and hits a desk or wall as I walk.

Pocket clippage a la knives sounds good, except the top-heavy head is then left sticking out, and also exposed to damage - have you guys that carry this way found this to be an issue?

Thanks for the model number for the L1 holster you use, great!

It'd be nice to get a database going of SF lights and the cases that fit them (whether Maxped, WE, or Rip-offs) - or is there one already?

Qoose

Enlightened
It's odd that your L1 clip doesn't hold so well. I've never dropped mine clipped on the outside of the pocket. Even during a jog bounding over rocks and logs, it has never come off. The clip is too strong for me sometimes. On my jeans I feel it's fine, but on my non-denim pants it feels like it's going to shred the pocket off when I clip or unclip it.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I like to carry it in my pants. When I need it I take it out of my pants and use it. Later I put it back into my pants. :D

Nothing else worked as well.

zven

Enlightened
I have four: L1 CREE, G2L, G3, and C2. The L1 and the C2 are the ones I have with me nearly everyday, because they have clips. I attach them to my belt, probably like you've been doing, I imagine. My trick, however, is that I keep the lanyard attached to them, and looped around my front belt loop. Before trying this, I thought the dangling lanyard would get caught on everything and be really annoying, but interestingly that has never happened. The only downside is that it limits the distance away from your waist that the light can be used, without actually unhooking the lanyard (I should note, though, this hasn't been too much of a problem for me).

For the G2L and G3, I just drop those in my pocket. I'm not terribly thrilled with this method of carry, but it works.

mr.squatch

Enlightened
I found a lanyard at work that has a 1"ish keyring on the end. I put it on my g2 between the tailcap and body and it's a loose fit but not nearly loose enough to come out. The tailcap still depresses plenty far to momentary and twist to full on. I like it because if I drop the light in my cargo pocket the lanyard hangs out for an easy grab, or if I'm wearing normal pants I can hang it around my neck under my outer garment. I rarely go anywhere without at least one g2.

g

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry my SF L1 Cree inside my pocket.

I don´t use the clip, because it´s "tip up", or "bezel up".

Carpenter

Enlightened
L1 Cree in my V82. It's a little large, but it works and it's actually easier for my big un-corordinated (sp) fingers to get out. 2Cell lights (my A2's)go in my pocket; one in each pocket. Another A2 in the old SureFire 6P zipper case in my backpack.

mwaldron

Enlightened
I carried my L2 clipped inside my left front pocket it my pants for about 5 months, but I had 2 problems.

The knurling wore a hole through the pocket in 1 pair of dockers and, upon inspection, all the rest of my dockers are nearly the same.

The 2nd problem was it would often work it's way up and out and bounce on the floor. Not so much of a problem at work but I lost it once at an outdoor pistol match in October and didn't find it again till November. My GF thought about getting me a sympathy card :duh2:. I guess I was a bit annoyed.

Since then it's carried in a SureFire holster (V11) when I'm wearing my jeans and I've recently given up carrying it at work. I switched to a Fenix P2D that gets lost in my pocket, and I carry the L2 clipped to the inside of my breast coat pocket. No real chance of it working loose from there.

I've since added 2xA2's to my collection and now I'm debating buying SF V21 holsters for them. I'm trying to look around to see if someone else has a decent holster, but so far I keep coming back to SF for the best mix of price and durability.

djblank87

Enlightened
Sometimes I will carry a 6P, G2 both with Malkoff M60's while at work. One rides in a speed holster bezel down and I bought a nice little stock of NovaTac clips and use them on the other light and carry it bezel down in my pocket.

The NovaTac clip works great on many lights.

Out of work my SF L1, L4, A2's all have been carried with no problems with the stock clips.