who do ya think is the best mass made flashlight company?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
to me its 100%fenix they brought amazeing lights to the masses

NickDrak

Enlightened
Surefire.

Best overall quality.

Best overall warranty.

Best overall Reliability & Durability.

Beastmaster

Enlightened
For me - it's Dorcy and Coast. Between those two - they've brought decent lights to the masses.

If you're sold by Wally World, Lowes, Home Depot, and Target - you've got the mass market cornered.

-Steve

to me its 100%fenix they brought amazeing lights to the masses

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't consider Fenix or even Surefire a true mass market company. I guess Surefire is nearly there, but they are only sold in relatively small quantities at serious sporting goods stores. Rayovac is coming out with some pretty nice stuff, and Coleman is really bringing some awesome new items to the table this year.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i like dorcy to i loved my dorcy aaa.not sure if they even still make em

raggie33

*the raggedier*
maybe mass made was the wrong word.i mean a light thats affoirdable

Lightguy27

Enlightened
So you mean an affordable light easily availible to the masses, right? And if so than there's no contest it's maglite. Fenix and Surefire are great to us, but 90% of america doesent even know that fenix exists, most cops and gov't workers have heard of SF once or twice but probably never gave it a second thought. And even though those who know about SF, 99% of those people are not willing to pay more than 25 bucks on a stupid light. So for the biggest manufacturer of lights for the masses is no contest Maglite.

-Evan

OMNIHUGE

Newly Enlightened
Trust me most of LE knows surefire and streamlight. Maglight may be #1, but they know the heavy hitters. I'm a new fan of Pelican, but I realize that most LE do not know about the capabilities of this brand.(mostly because they haven't marketed to LE in the past)

Albinoni

Banned
To me I can't answer this question because to me there is no such thing as the best mass made torch light. Everyone's taste and opinion is different in terms of light, functionality, battery type etc etc. Providing the torch is well made, good quality and works well I am happy disregard of brand etc etc.
But I will have to say if I buy another torch I think very likely it will be a Lumapower.

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Yeah, but ask any firefighter and chances are they are carrying either Pelican or Streamlight.

-Steve

Trust me most of LE knows surefire and streamlight. Maglight may be #1, but they know the heavy hitters. I'm a new fan of Pelican, but I realize that most LE do not know about the capabilities of this brand.(mostly because they haven't marketed to LE in the past)

Marduke

Flashaholic
Rayovac and Energizer have made some deep market penetration with modern, quality lights available to the general public with their Sportsman Extreme and Hard Case series. Brinkman has been stepping up the past couple years also. Mag was "best" for mass production for over a decade, but that time has come to an end.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
As a forum noob I can chime in and speak just a little for the non-CF public, (not too long ago I was one)

Maglight first and Dorcy/eveready second, with a large gap between mag and the other two.
All are cheap and readily available in store.
Maglight has the brand name recognition above all others... by a HUGE margin.

**edit** don't let my join date fool you, I registered but never logged in.

Last edited:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly, maglight hands down. They are dim and heavy (stock) But I have no doubt that I could go buy 100 of them (and easily find 100 of them in my town) and bet that everyone would click on...no problems. Plus, most of their lights are under $20.

Nest I would say streamlight....hey streamlight...can you spell C.R.E.E? Super tough and reliable lights...if only they would update!

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maglite, no doubt. Various sizes and form factors, can be found just about anywhere, very durable, reasonably bright, runs on common batteries, has a great reputation with the general public. Not to mention the MagCharger is popular with many LEO's. I don't think any other mass made light can touch it. I think for a flashlight to be considered mass made, though, we'd have to see some sales figures, or maybe consider lights that are widely known about by and available to the general public in retail stores. I bet the vast majority of non-flashaholic light purchases are made in stores, and not online. I doubt most average non-flashaholics have even heard of many of the brands seen here on CPF like Fenix, or maybe even Streamlight or Surefire.

I'm not saying these other lights aren't quality lights, I just don't think they exist in the same numbers or are as widely known.

Now I re-read the thread, and see the word should have been affordable, well that will depend on how much each person can afford. I still think Mag wins.