While fixing the washing machine

fleegs

Enlightened
Hello. I was fixing a washing machine tonight and started with using my Arc AAA DS in my mouth. It worked ok but something was annoying me. I couldn't figure it out. I switched to my Novatac 120P. That didn't work because it was too big. It kept drooping down in my mouth. Lit up the floor great. I then switched to the CR2 Ion light. Now that is what I was looking for. A nice floody beam. Lit up everything real nice (I was using it on low). Then it hit me. I switched back to the Arc AAA DS. The beam was too narrow. Holy crap! I am a flood snob. How I longed for my Zebralight H50 headlamp (forgot to bring it with me). But the CR2 Ion worked great. I can't believe this happened to me. I am still surprised.

Now I long for the flood beam Nautilus. And I am going to buy more Zebralights next month when I get money. I think the wife needs one. :whistle:

:eek:oo:

Rob

scottaw

Enlightened
2 quick things for ya...

Carry your headlamp!

DS too narrow? it doesn't have a reflector! You need some diffuser material on all your lights.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used a photon light ii while working on some outlets in the dark and it was just incredible. I've been so impressed by this lil bugger that I plan on getting the pro version with the clip so I don't have to hold it in my mouth next time (solving the drool problem).

It provided both decent brightness and flood but of course, an outlet is pretty limited in terms of area size that needs to be lit.

Edit: scottaw, just read your signature, that was really thoughtful of you cuz I encountered issues where the search kept returning erroneous hits due to sigs. Maybe we can get the mods or site admins to exclude sigs from searches? (not sure if possible).

Last edited:

X Racer

Enlightened
I am a huge Ion fan. As long as you get one that doesn't flicker, they are supremely useful for anything closeup and general light needs...