Looking for a Tactical Floody

TooSharp

Newly Enlightened
I'm a bit of a flood snob and would like a nice floody tactical light. I would prefer a rear clickie, reverse of forward doesn't matter. I've got several throwers, but just want something to light a room up with. A little throw wouldn't hurt either. Nothing above the $80 mark. Thanks in advance for the suggestions. Current lights include Surefire C2, Fenix LOD,P2D,T1.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would wait for the new Zebralight H30. It'll have a clicky and beam profile slightly narrower than the H50's 120-degrees.

Lightguy27

Enlightened
Well the L4 would be your perfect light but it's 5 bucks more than twice your budget. Maybe you could save another 50 and get one off ebay. They sell them new in package and you can tell it's the latest version by the packaging if they supply an original pic of the product. It'll look like this, but make sure it's not a stock photo and ask if it's a pic of the actual product.

cb1e_1.JPG

Here is a link to one for $134.00 and 8 dollar shipping http://cgi.ebay.com/SUREFIRE-L4-LUM...yZ106987QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Or if you want to stick close to 80, post a WTB in the market place.

-Evan

Spypro

Enlightened
The L4 is a good choice.
I run it with CR123 or rechargeable AW 17670 in it.
Solid as a the rock, great beam, 100+ lumen and forward clicky.
My Minimag with the Terralux drop-in is pretty floody but not as bright as the L4.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is always the option of buying a diffuser for your C2. Its easier to make a thrower into a flooder than make a flooder into a thrower.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seconded L4. If you love flood light, this one is unbeatable in terms of size/brightness/quality/battery choice/floodiness. I tried so hard to get a better flood light to replace L4 without success.

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Dont remember who here on the forum had it, but someone have some diffuser film you can apply to your light, making it a floody light. Thats a cheap option to the L4, I can only recommend the L4 other than the film since thats the only floody light I have.

TooSharp

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like I need an L4. Thanks for the suggestions. I also thought about picking up a DX light and mod it to what I wanted, but I don't know much about that and my schedule is pretty tight.

Xak

Enlightened
heres a link to a thread I started when I was looking for a new EDC, theres a good comparison of the L4,L1 and Novatac! the novatac are also very floody, but a lot pricier...
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2168227&postcount=15

Informative link! Does anyone have pics of an AmiLite T5 compared to the 120P and L4? Looking for a floody myself and I hear the T5's are very floody as well. I'm strongly considering the T5 for my next purchase.