Upgrading old SF 6Z, same as 6P?

NonServiam

Newly Enlightened
Hi! I'm thinking of upgrading my old bedside flashlight, the Surefire 6Z, with a Cree LED and possibly a striking head/bezel. Now, every part on Dealextreme.com or the 'bay says 6P, 6Z is never mentioned. Is is as easy as the two having the same dimensions? Will the led lamp and head for 6P fit any 6Z?

You guys are the final word on flashlights! Since starting reading here, I'm upgrading my old 6D cell Maglight with a Terralux, getting an Ultrafire C2, upgrading my 6Z and possibly spend a lot of money on more lumens than any of these can give me. Thanks!

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CandlePowerForums, NonServiam.

I'm not your expert. They will soon chime in.

I'm 99.9% sure it will work and I'll tell you why. 3P, 6P, C2, Z2 etc. are referred to as having "C" bodies. Some of the guys have great fun creating Legos lights out of them. I've studied on the old 6Z, and 9Z lights and the dimensions look exactly like the 6P. If you also have a 9Z that's a very ugly flashlight and you should send it to me immediately...just kidding.

You might want to consider looking up the Malkoff M60 Q5 Cree drop in. Use the on board Google search at the top of all the pages. You have to get on his mailing list. I'm running one of those in my 3Z and it is excellent. Reports on the BOG (Bug Out Gear) Q5 Cree drop in are favorable and the beamshots look good. Gotta watch those eBay thingies. Saw one up close and was not impressed.

6Z huh? Cool. Veeeery Cool.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi! I'm thinking of upgrading my old bedside flashlight, the Surefire 6Z, with a Cree LED and possibly a striking head/bezel. Now, every part on Dealextreme.com or the 'bay says 6P, 6Z is never mentioned. Is is as easy as the two having the same dimensions? Will the led lamp and head for 6P fit any 6Z?

You guys are the final word on flashlights! Since starting reading here, I'm upgrading my old 6D cell Maglight with a Terralux, getting an Ultrafire C2, upgrading my 6Z and possibly spend a lot of money on more lumens than any of these can give me. Thanks!
Should fit no problem. Lot's of upgrades availible for your 6Z. :naughty:

NonServiam

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome, guys! Got the 6Z back in '99 or '00 or something, can't quite remember. I do however remember that it was crazy expensive :laughing:

I liked the fact that it gave as much light as my 6D Mag, and since there was a local gun club who trained night shooting for a short while, I welcomed the "syringe" handle. When using with a gun, I preferred this method of holding the flashlight. It is the closest to where I'm used to having my weak arm hand when shooting. Not that I have much use for it thankfully, I live in a quiet northern corner of the world.

So much has happened since then though, it's time to upgrade. I'll check out your suggestions, definitely! I'll probably go budget, since everything over a certain amount is subject to our 25% VAT on import here, and then suddenly the gain of buying from overseas is lost.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the welcome, guys! Got the 6Z back in '99 or '00 or something, can't quite remember. I do however remember that it was crazy expensive :laughing:

I liked the fact that it gave as much light as my 6D Mag, and since there was a local gun club who trained night shooting for a short while, I welcomed the "syringe" handle. When using with a gun, I preferred this method of holding the flashlight. It is the closest to where I'm used to having my weak arm hand when shooting. Not that I have much use for it thankfully, I live in a quiet northern corner of the world.

So much has happened since then though, it's time to upgrade. I'll check out your suggestions, definitely! I'll probably go budget, since everything over a certain amount is subject to our 25% VAT on import here, and then suddenly the gain of buying from overseas is lost.

Welcome:D

Sounds like you live in my parts of the world:poke::grin2:

Sverre