Who manufactures the River Rock?

fluoronator

Newly Enlightened
Picked up a River Rock 1AA 1watt luxon at Target and was happy enough to Google them to see what else they have avaliable. I wasn't able to find a manufacturer's web site or any specs, other products etc.. Just a few reviews and ebay ads etc. Do any of you guys know who makes these lights?

fluoronator

Newly Enlightened
The barrel is identical, rubber tailswitch boot is same, Very different machining on the head and tail assemblies. Hum...

kramer5150

Flashaholic
made by Nuwai. Also branded under the Aurora nameplate.
I am not sure where to buy Nuwai lights, outside of Target.

Curious... can the LED of your light be exposed? Might be a worthy candidate for a seoul mod.

HARDMETAL

Newly Enlightened
The nuxx , rr , japan superfirxx. gentxx.... are brand names .
The biggest flashlight producer is Favour,its turnover over 0.1billion HKD.[1usd=7.8hkd]
Other one is Quantum,its staffs are mainly from Favour .
Q3 [3w] was made by Quantum.

Stainz

Enlightened
I bought a 'River Rock 0.5W LED Flashlight', an Al cased 2xAAA light with a great, albeit slightly blue-purple, spot output. It's .637" max OD (on lower twist switch/battery cover) was a problem for me, as I intended to use it with a black leather 'KSF Pocket Sheath' and a Bark River 'Huntsman' knife. Great idea - except the flashlight loop was really meant for a 3/8" OD firesteel. They said it could be stretched to .503" for the Peak Solutions 'Matterhorn' - their reccomendation. I got mine stretched - to the limit - for that River Rock! The River Rock is larger - and a bit tight. It uses 2xAAA instead of one - but it is twice as bright - and reportedly runs ~50% longer. At $9.99 from Target, it's a deal, too. I am impressed with 'River Rock', if this is an example of their 'value'.

Anyone know of a narrower OD 2xAAA flashlight?

steve_vance

Enlightened
Picked up a River Rock 1AA 1watt luxon at Target and was happy enough to Google them to see what else they have avaliable. I wasn't able to find a manufacturer's web site or any specs, other products etc.. Just a few reviews and ebay ads etc. Do any of you guys know who makes these lights?

They are made by Quantum Lighting Products Limited, in Hong Kong, as mentioned by someone else above.
Here is a link to an article in flashlightnews.org that mentions the company in detail >> http://flashlightnews.org/story719.shtml

Here is a link to their main site > http://quantumlight.com.hk/flashversion_new/flashversion.php

If you click on products, then hover your mouse over some of the selections, you will see many of the lights that we have come to know as "Nuwai lights". please note that Nuwai is a family-owned distributor of led lights, NOT a manufacturer
As you explore the product section, you'll see many of the lights we know and love- all the Nuwai offerings (yes, Nuwai even uses the Quantum Lighting part numbers). Remember the QIII? That is a Quantum product; the Q stands for Quantum. Most of their lights' part numbers begin with TM-xxx.

The other manuacturer that contributes to the River Rock line, as well as Nuwai's offerings, is Shingfung, whose products are offered under the trade name of Favourlight http://www.favourlight.com/1/#home, also as mentioned above.
They manufacture the products distributed by Nuwai and others that, for the most part, begin with ALX-xxx. Nuwai uses their part numbers in selling their lights as well.
If you look at the lantern section of Shingfung's product offerings, you'll recognize the Essential Gear line of led lanterns. You'll also see that they manufacture the Palm Blaze and Aurora lights.

Hope this is useful :twothumbs

Last edited:

Bror Jace

Enlightened
Don't be surprised to see River Rock coming out with new lights within the next 6 months ... with Cree and Seoul emitters ... maybe Rebels.

One rep from their company told me so when I dealt with him because a 0.5W 2xAAA light failed (they replaced it, no questions asked).

I'll have to see if I still have his e-mail address.:thinking:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Don't be surprised to see River Rock coming out with new lights within the next 6 months ... with Cree and Seoul emitters ... maybe Rebels.

swxb12 linked a Rebel light in post #5 that looks decent. Obviously is regulated for run-time vs. output.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's great news, since River Rock is like a Target exclusive. A part of me doesn't want the masses to have lights as bright or brighter than mine, though. :devil:

Bror Jace

Enlightened
" .... part of me doesn't want the masses to have lights as bright or brighter than mine, though."

I wouldn't worry about that. The general public is soooo clueless when it comes to LED flashlights. I gave a 2AA - 5mm cluster light to a guy on my paintball team (he's a former Marine in his 30s) and he was ecstatic. It's a pretty good light, bright with a solid feel ... but you'd have thought I bought him a SF Kroma. :drool:

Despite some fairly bright lights being available at Target, Lowes, etc ... I just don't see these lights in use with the general public. At best I run into people who have the occasional crank light (emergency/battery-less) ... or an LED keychain. :crazy: