NEED HELP!!!!!! (How do I make A Diffuser Lens???)

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

I tried to get a broader flood out of some of my spot lights, I got a white Plastic bag & covered the reflector, & it worked very well, except the plastic bag melting within 10secs, LOL.

So can anyone give me advice & what material I could use to create a safe working diffusser lens? I want to build a few of them, for diff lights. some 4" 5" 9" etc... reflectors. My weakest light already puts out 3,500 lumens, so heat is a worry.

please reply with some advice.

Later.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Order some diffusion from Lee filters and cut them yourself.
This stuf is designed to work with tungston ac lamps. It will hold up to flashlight tempatures with ease.

Lee filters is online
Yaesumofo

Hi,

I tried to get a broader flood out of some of my spot lights, I got a white Plastic bag & covered the reflector, & it worked very well, except the plastic bag melting within 10secs, LOL.

So can anyone give me advice & what material I could use to create a safe working diffusser lens? I want to build a few of them, for diff lights. some 4" 5" 9" etc... reflectors. My weakest light already puts out 3,500 lumens, so heat is a worry.

please reply with some advice.

Later.

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lee Filters said their diffuser lens can handle up to 150 degs C.

I don't think thats enough for some of my lights, some halogen 130w which produce too much heat in a small reflector. Might have to run some light in small few minute bursts.

Out of curiosity. How would the Barn Burner go with lee filters? As the BB can melt its own diffuser lens after a while on spot I beilieve. Although it was meant for the standard 50w.