Can we just be more devious to abort the war?

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Your leader is gone. Surrender now! There is no longer any reason to fight!"

I'm wondering why, if Saddam has doubles that are really that close to duplicates, why didn't we just broadcast to Iraq & the world this morning after the coupla missles we launched, that the real Saddam was killed (whether we really had or not)? Just remind them that under even Saddam's view of reality the remaining doubles have neither the claim to power nor the intellectual capacity, so the Iraqi generals don't need to listen to the fake one any longer because he's a fake, they can surrender now and while they're at it why not hand over all the doubles.

Plant the doubt, man. At least drive them nuts among themselves. And then they'd need to prove it to their own people & the world somehow too. Smoke him out or drive them nuts. I mean, how the heck can they expect to achieve any level of lack of doubt after that?

Just an initial thought. I'm sure there are better versions to be posted.

Albany Tom

Enlightened
I like the plan, but I have a suggestion for a modification.

1. Drop a million leaflets saying he's dead.
2. Wait for Saddam to make a public appearance to prove he's not. (Yes, I think he's that stupid.)
3. Launch missiles into public appearance.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude probably has a million tapes of statements to broadcast to cast a fake appearance...

Here's hoping he really is chopped out with the first strike...

Latest posts