• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WITHDRAWN: Custom A123 Powered milkyspit X-800

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I have another special project light project underway I need to sell this beauty. It breaks my heart!

This light was built for someone whose life may depend upon a light: It has four way redundant circuits/emitters and a nearly bullet proof and safe power source.

milkyspit custom X800:

* Cutdown C-cell maglite (runs one cell at a time- light is roughly the size of a Surefire M3T)
* Sterlized of all markings
* Coated in HA Black by Leef
* The lens is mineral glass for structural rigidity and excellent scratch resistance
* 800 lumens (!) output from 4xSSCP4 USW0H emitters mounted to an aluminum heatsink
* Each emitter is wired to a separate circuit board for 4xredundancy
* A123 nanophosphate cells. They can support a draw of up to 30C (!) and are safe... no venting. They also take around 20 minutes to fully charge. milkyspit included a prototype battery charger, able to charge two cells simultaneously. One cell provides around 35 minutes of 800 lumens in full regulation. They can be recharged ad nauseum, shot, cut in half, etc. without fear of venting.
* The 4 IMS 20mm reflectors are plastic-backed (the reflective surface is a clearcoated aluminum layer) and each have three legs so any shock of a frontal impact will be dampened by flexure of the plastic, then directed through the legs and away from the emitters themselves
* The wiring is teflon-jacketed and multi-stranded silverplated copper throughout
* Kapton insulative tape with silicone adhesive is used at various contact points for extra protection against shorts, even in a high-temperature situation (which should never happen anyway in the light, but just in case)
* The stainless tailspring in the battery compartment is designed to afford reverse polarity protection as a failsafe in the event the A123Sys cell is installed backwards

This includes the light, 2xA123 cells (one charge on one cell), a custom A123 charger, and a stainless steel Leefring lanyard ring.

$550 plus shipping, insurance is extra (charged at cost). Overseas is fine, but I'm not responsible for the package once it leaves my hands, and shipping is charged at cost. I'll accept Paypal, no charges to you.

If it doesn't sell this weekend I'll likely pull it off the market. It is the most amazing LED light I've ever owned!

dscn2860fj4.jpg

dscn2862fa5.jpg

Last edited:

scottaw

Enlightened
Re: WTS: Custom A123 Powered milkyspit X-800

I can't believe this light is for sale...and if i had the extra cash laying around, this would be mine, best of luck.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast

LOL

I don't want to, so I'll give this through tomorrow then I'll pull it from sale.

Thanks!:devil:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast

I understand that Leef did all of the custom body work including turning down the head, shortening the body, and coating it in black HA. :)

Fuhgetaboudit

Enlightened

Beautiful Light!... Jim you know I would have snatched this one up if not for the two M6's from Milky that I already have. Still it has a certain effect upon me.......:thumbsup:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Bruce!

Like I wrote earlier, if it doesn't sell, then "oh well." My loss is definitely my gain! :devil:

I took my wife to our beachhouse tonight for the weekend. I'll take it out tomorrow night to Cape Henlopen and try her out. Can't wait.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast

Light is withdrawn.

Thanks everyone! :)