2D Mag with 123's and a 6 cell Mag bulb?

DuckhunterInTN

Newly Enlightened
I just finished creating a 2c cell mag with 3 123's. Its a great light, very bright! After creating that, I had a 2d mag laying around so I put 4 123's into it with a 6 cell mag bulb. It worked great, and was even brighter than the C-cell light. I really liked this combination, since I have several 2d Mags. Has anyone ever tried this combination before? I did a search and couldn't come up with anything.

kavvika

Enlightened
He most likely sleeved the batteries on some sort of tube. 3/4" ID PVC is used to fit C-cells in a D-cell Mag, and 3/4" OD heater hose is used to fix CR123's in a C-Mag. Can't say I've ever tried this myself, but it sounds bright! I can fit 2x 18650's in a 2C Mag, so scrounging up some CR123's and a 6-cell bulb might be in order! Hmm, maybe I could fit 3x 18500's as well...

Norm

Retired Administrator
A 5 cell bulb will run well in a 2 C with two 18650 batteries, you need to remove the anodising inside the tail cap and use a bent keyring or foil to make a contact.
You will also need a piece of appropriate size plastic conduit as a spacer for the batteries, this should work with a 2 D too.

Last edited: