Any ideas?

mexmbj

Newly Enlightened
Guys,

I got an AAA Premium Edition last month. It has not given me any problems until today. Today it started to flicker and then it simply went out. I replaced the AAA battery, tried a different battery chemistry, screwed it down more tightly, moved the head onto another body (I have two Premium Editions) and still the head would not light. I also cleaned the contacts and put a bit of aluminum foil in the body to see if that would help, but it did not.

Any other ideas other than send it back?

Thanks in advance for any input.

M

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I guess you could try putting just the head on the pos. terminal of a battery and using a wire to connect the negatives. If it worked you'd know it's probably just a bad neg. contact. However, it sounds like your problem is more serious.

Arc will take care of you.

Geoff

steel

Newly Enlightened
hi mexmbj had a problem with mine flickering also sometimes it was really bad and other times is was ok, sent it back to arc today there is more info in another thread under the heading "AAA-p flickering" peter explains more about the problem there. got to say tho there customer service has been excellent.

mexmbj

Newly Enlightened
Guys,

OK thanks for the info and idea. I much appreciate it. I was under the same impression that I would have to send it back.

M

22hornet

Enlightened
Hello,

I have an older ARC AAA BS that flickered and a flickering green led one as well. Both lights did not close very well and still showed a small part of the O-ring when turned on. To remedy this O-ring exposure, I filed down the solder blob a bit and... as a side effect, the flickering was remedied completely with both lights.:thumbsup:

Kind regards,
Joris