AmiLite T5 vs Novatac vs Jet-II Q5 etc...

Xak

Enlightened
Looking for beamshots of the AmiLite T5 vs other similar palm sized lights. Not only looking for brightness, but also spill/flood as well. Does the T5 hold it's own along side these popular models?

If so, is there another source for the T5 other than it's website? They are out of holsters (really cool looking kydex holster with GITD stuff) and aren't answering my e-mail.

http://www.amilite.co.kr/

Xak

Enlightened
Bump...

Anyone own an AmiLite T5 that also owns other popular lights of it's size? Anyone know where to get one other than the website?

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Sorry - I don't. My own personal requirements tend to tilt towards forward click/momentary on switched flashlights.

Hence why I haven't bought stuff like the Jet II or the AmiLite T5 - unless they come out with a forward click switch.

-Steve

Gary123

Enlightened
Bump...

Anyone own an AmiLite T5 that also owns other popular lights of it's size? Anyone know where to get one other than the website?

Yes, I own a T5. First I would say its beam design is very much of a flood. I believe lumens on high was tested to be 135 lumens by several CPF's. My model has the lower "low" of 15 lumens, the other model was 30. I have several in this class and this is by far the lightest with nothing but soft and smooth body lines. It almost disappears in your pocket. But perhaps it is not the prettiest.

When the T5 came out, the QIII (forget the maker) was a popular chineese light at half the price. I have one of these and they are much heavier, with extraordinarily heavy knurling on the body, a larger head and a much narrower flood. I have several other lights but they have the typical beam pattern with a spot for throw. You'll see no spot, and get no throw out of the T5, but you do get a gorgeous flood. Very few 123 lights are offered for sale as a floodlight, and the T5 was one of the best.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a T5 and I carry it occasionally, as I like the beam pattern.....floody, yet useful, nice transition form corona to flood and is bright and white for my normal use. I have the 15 lumen low, which for me is good, as well.

I normally carry a Nautilus, PD-S, TnC AA (Seoul flupic) Spy 005 and prefer the a head twisty, however the T5 is well finished and works well.

If you like a light that is somewhat floody, T5 is a good choice IMO!
150810521-M.jpg

150810491-M.jpg

I purchased mine from the link that was posted.

jeffb

robo21

Enlightened
Looking for beamshots of the AmiLite T5 vs other similar palm sized lights. Not only looking for brightness, but also spill/flood as well. Does the T5 hold it's own along side these popular models?

If so, is there another source for the T5 other than it's website? They are out of holsters (really cool looking kydex holster with GITD stuff) and aren't answering my e-mail.

http://www.amilite.co.kr/

I can't help with beamshots however I have experience with both the T5 and the 120P. I much prefer the beam and programmable features of the 120P. It's more expensive but in my opinion well worth the price difference. The 120P is more rugged too.

Perhaps the most important advantage with the Novatac is its ability to use rechargeable cells. The T5 cannot use rechargeables.

Last edited:

Xak

Enlightened
Fantastic. Sounds like it's just what I'm looking for. Thanx so much for your help guys. Just wish they would answer my e-mail regarding their sold out holsters. Wouldn't want to pay shipping twice when they restock.