racing RC cars is one thing...but scaled naval battles?

Illum

Flashaholic

Illum

Flashaholic
hehe

when I was young I've stuck soap to the backs of paper boats to propel them, having an RC boat was my dream...a battleship was beyond my imagination:candle:

a couple pics from their site

pumps are installed in the boat to pump out water, looks pretty fun...I wonder if theres sound effects:thinking:

Last edited:

DieselTech

Enlightened
When I was a kid I always wanted an RC boat, but that is a whole new level of cool. It's a good thing they're in Texas, or I might have another expensive hobby. :rolleyes::twothumbs

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose there rules against metal or composite armor plating...

In flying RC planes, generally the idea was NOT to wreck your pride and joy.

However, there are RC plane dogfight circles. Then the idea is to cut a streamer behind the opponent's plane with your prop or make him crash by ramming.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's pretty cool. I hope they waterproof important components... I can see how repairing some balsa wouldn't be a big deal, but having to replace motors, batteries, receivers and whatnot every time the ship sinks would get very expensive very quickly...

ledlurker

Enlightened
Our local TV station has a 30 minute R/C show every saturday. They have aired several stories about these things. and, yes most of the critical equipment is waterproofed. We have a local hobby shop owner that participates but I believe he has to drive up to the Dallas area.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh I was gona say that.

I wonder if you are allowed to launch firecrackers instead of BB, that would be even more awsome. Or hell, shorted out 123a cells. :crackup:

I dont think North Texas Water Authority wants that in the lakes :p

These guys are pretty close to me. I might have to go see them next time they have an engagement.

Shane

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt there are actual air combat groups.
Water combat = ships sink and you recover them when the excitement is over.
Air combat = planes are shot down and get transformed into lots of expensive bits of balsa and plastic.