sadest holly wood death

raggie33

*the raggedier*
with all the deaths lately it got me wondering what is the sadest hollywood death to you? those who know me alreay know my answer .it was chris farley i dislike most holly wood pople but i loved chris in a hetro way.he with his movies brought so much lauther to my heart.he was a true gift .i always get bummed when i see his movies now but . there so funny i still get a few chuckles.he laso was one of the kindest people and a loveing person

Oznog

Enlightened
John Candy, because that killed plans for Spaceballs II: The Search For More Money.

shakeylegs

Enlightened
Pride and Originality. The industry is dead - but that's another topic.

It is interesting how we can bond with certain celebrities. Johnny Carson's death hit home because I grew up watching him. Don Ho, because his cheesy daytime show brought me though a long miserable hospitalization. Dean Martin who was a really cool "regular" guy on and off screen. And Slim Pickens for riding that A-Bomb out the chute! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueuauKKjPZI

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was sad when George Burns and Bob Hope passed on. Not because they didn't have long and fruitful lives because they did as they both reach 100, but it went to prove that not even they were immortal.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't shed a tear for celebrities who meet their demise due to self-abusive or moronic behavior.

John Candy died from a heart attack on the set while filming a movie.

Now if Britany Spears kicked off i wouldnt shed a tear. Her kids are better off without their mom anyway.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are many movie and TV actors that have been missed due to varying reasons. Of the top, Heather O'Rourke from the Poltergeist films and Brandon Lee.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Johnny Carson for sure. I also grew up watching him, and his passing closed the book on a landmark period of late night television.

Darrin McGavin (he played the father in Christmas Story).

I also miss Karen Carpenter (BTW I met her psychiatrist once). But the one that almost knocked me off the couch when I heard of his passing was John Lennon.

Last edited:

AvPD

Enlightened
At the moment Heath Ledger because it seems almost random, Brandon Lee at least did martial arts stunts which put his life more at risk.
Also John Candy, I think his career could've gone on for a while longer had he shed some weight.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Marty Feldman.

Gilda Radner.

Phil Hartman.

Groucho Marx wasn't young when he died but he left a huge hole in the world of comedy.

Andy Kaufman.

Steve McQueen.

Kenny McCormick.

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
heath ledger, because its just so strange, i never in a million years figured he would be dead anytime soon.

sir edmund hillary, because he was my hero.

dont laugh but dale earnhardt, he was so big and its like he wasnt allowed to die, it was so weird, before that race they interviewed him and then 3 hours later he was dead.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Phil Hartman (shot by his wife), John Ritter, Chris Farley. I wasn't aware that John Candy died (shows what I know). Not Hollywood, but "Dimebag" Darrell Abbot the guitarist for Pantera, who was shot by a former marine during a concert.

LK5GB7

Newly Enlightened
Evel Knievel.

nooooo

its really crappy, but in our lifetime we are going to see many good actors and celebrities pass. only to be replaced by the next in line.. a never ending cycle

p.s. dimebag was killed by a Marine? i never found out what that whole ordeal was over

Last edited:

AvPD

Enlightened
Totally forgot about Phil Hartman, being a fan of Futurama and The Simpsons I'm occasionally reminded of his abscence. Also, not really Hollywood but Marvin Gaye.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
It hasn't happened yet but the one that will hit me the hardest will be Lenard Nimoy. I should try to shake his hand and thank him soon.