Upgraded a mini maglite this week

peak_oil

Newly Enlightened
There's a three LED upgrade for the mini mag I picked up from Sports Chalet, and they had this thing called the IQ Button that gave the flashlight three light levels and two strobe modes. It's brighter now than my 3 D-cell light with the big LED bulb in it.

I like this light! It's nice and bright, very nice for lighting up the sidewalk and out to maybe 20 feet or so.

I'm curious about rechargeable batteries for it. Are there any high capacity nimh's I should pick up to make it a little brighter?

Thanks

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The drop-in(it's a NiteIze right?) is a pretty good drop-in for a store bought product. You could swap out the LED for a current gen one(I'd recommend the Seoul P4 U-bin) for at least double the output(twice or more efficient).

NiMh batteries probably won't give you improved output but they should give you more runtime. I'd recommend the Energizer 2650 mAh ones, the Low discharge ones or Eneloops.

If you plan on buying a new light, I'd recommend looking at the Fenix L2D-CE Q5. Similar in size to the minimag but much brighter. 8% off coupon at Fenix Store is "CPF8".

Or if you want lower priced(and are willing to wait a month for delivery), I'd suggest looking at the Cree/Seoul(SSC)/Rebel LED lights getting good reviews at Dealextreme.

When you get the time, I'd suggest reading the Welcome Mat so you would know the terms and stuff we commonly talk about.

:welcome: