Any pistol lights (and light/laser) with a Cree, Rebel or Seoul?

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
I'm buying a Sig Sauer P250 soon and I want to know what is considered the "best" Picatinny rail solution. I'm looking for an efficient LED in the form of a Cree or Seoul and if possible a light/laser combination.

I'm not familiar with these units at how and how they work, but usable tactical interface would be good.

Also, does Fenix or Novatac have a light attachment with like a remote button, mounts, etc???

What do you guys recommend? I know a lot of them have the Luxeon 3W, but I want a better efficiency.

Thanks,
RC

Also, for you gun nutts, have any of you used the P250 or any Sigs vs. a Smith & Wesson M&P (all .40)? I'm looking for my first polymer frame pistol and pistol in general. I might upgrade to a 1911 eventually and and a Sig P226-type, but for now, home defense is key with the new fiance.

I'm also looking into Magpul's Masada... any news/words?

Mercaptan

Enlightened
Also, for you gun nutts, have any of you used the P250 or any Sigs vs. a Smith & Wesson M&P (all .40)? I'm looking for my first polymer frame pistol and pistol in general. I might upgrade to a 1911 eventually and and a Sig P226-type, but for now, home defense is key with the new fiance.

I'm also looking into Magpul's Masada... any news/words?

Springfield XD in .40 S&W is a fantastic contender. Good pistol, great price.

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
Thanks for the XD suggestion, but I wasn't a fan when I held one. I'm trying to compile a list of polymer handguns... I have about eight listed so far. Which ones can you think of (after you answer the first and main question that is, hehe).

Thanks again...
RC

GBone

Newly Enlightened
I believe Surefires new X300 weapon light uses a Cree, but it doesn't have a laser. I like the old X200 LED light a lot, giving some thought to upgrading to the new one...

As far as "plastic" goes I'm a Glock guy all the way!! :D I still find it hard to beat the original...

Evan III

Newly Enlightened
I assume u have considered Glock's? ruger has a nice P345 .45acp. CZ100 is getting more popular. (haven't shot one yet so I can't comment) kill 2 birds charles daly and kimber have a polymer 1911 with double stack mags! for all around home defense 1911 would not be my choice, but they are a blast to shoot. I wouldn't trade my kimber for anything. since your gonna have the sig, you outta just go with the 1911!

As for the light, I haven't found one. I'm in the market for the same thing, just for a glock 23. I'm sure they are coming soon. Post up when you find what your looking for.

TOTC

Newly Enlightened
I really wish a company would put out a good pistol light that used P60 modules. I believe there's an airsoft gear company that makes one that is a Streamlight clone, but I'd rather get something that's actually robust and dependable.

I don't want to plunk down the coin for the SF X300 just to get a pistol light with a Cree. I'm considering just buying the Streamlight TLR1 even though it's an "obsolete" emitter.

A reliable pistol light that used a P60 module would give me the option of easily upgrading at any time though. Oh well... :sigh:

ValhallaPrime

Newly Enlightened
HK45 with a SureFire X300. Already have the HK45 with about 200 rnds down her and love it. Gonna have the X300 in about 3 days, depending on how fast lapolicegear.com gets it out the door. I'll take the kick of a recoil-compensated .45 over the snap of a .40SW any day. It's personal preference, but I just shoot better (for quick acquisition shots) in the 7-15 yd range with a custom 1911 or the HK45. I'm betting that the weight of the X300 is gonna keep my barrel of the HK45 from hopping even less during doubletaps.

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lots of potential combinations that would work. My own current setup for law enforcement duty and bedside duty is a X-300 mounted to a H&K .40 with a Surefire M6. I'm considering a Lasermax green rail laser also.

One of my fellows recently confronted four bad guys breaking into his vehicle at home. One bad guy shot at him and was killed by the return fire. The other bad guys were hooked up.

Xak

Enlightened

Walther P99AS. ...and what do you mean "upgrade" to a 1911? It's a hundred or so year old design. And a jam-o-matic if you don't fine tune it.

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
Evan III,

What's the 1911 polymer that has the double-stack and what's the mag capacity?

Lightraven,

Interesting setup. I wouldn't be opposed to going with a separate light and a laser, but then I'm even more lost. Like I said, I know nothing of pistol accessories at this point. What are some good separate options. You mentioned the M6 by surefire for a laser I presume and the X300 for a light. And there are green laser's for pistols? Why, because of the daylight magnitude of the light or....

Wow... this is complicated. Any more suggestions?

Thanks guys... I'm glad there are some gun guys on here too.
RC

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire's M6 is the six-SF123A 500 lumen incandescent handheld.
This would be used for the plenty (most?) of times when a handgun WeaponLight is not the most effective illumination tool.

Evan III

Newly Enlightened
the polymer kimber 1911 has 13 round mags and I beleive the charles daly has 14 round mags. they can ge a bit pricey but we'll worth it. Can't say I've heard the jam-o-matic term used for the 1911's. Most modern 1911's are extremely reliable. Kimber, springfeild, para, smith, colt, charles daly, etc. all make great 1911's. Many of the military spec ops still use them, LAPD swat and many other law enforcement still use them. I'm sure some cheaper no name 1911's jam, but you won't have a problem with any reputable company's. Here's kimbers polymer models

http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/ten/

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using an HK USP 40 with a Streamlight M6 light/laser combo now. I used to have an X200A but it's beam wasn't suited to home defense and I like having the laser also. When Surefire's light/laser LED combo comes out I'll probably upgrade to it for the durability factor.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
duplicate post due to fluctuating outage situation

Last edited:

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
Evan III,

Thanks for your feedback on the Kimber Ten series. Most likely I will up the ante to a 1911 after my initial purchase of a polymer-type .40S&W, high-capacity pistol.

I am intrigued though by the mentioning of Surefire's new laser/led combo. Does anyone know the specs of this thing?

Any other good combos that you guys know about?

Thanks again,
RC

steel0618

Newly Enlightened
The X300 looks great to me. Will probably put one on my xd 45. By the way the xd has the same grip angle as a 1911 so it is easy to transition between the two. IMO.

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I mentioned the Surefire M6, a handheld flashlight, because I don't want people to think that they should be looking around with the muzzle of a gun. Even after a high speed pursuit and bailout, where my handgun and M6 came up to cover the passengers, I quickly lowered the gun, but not the light, when I decided I wasn't in danger from the people I had in my light. That is the flexibility that everybody needs to have.

The X-300 is another option if I think I'm going after someone who is armed and I need to take an accurate shot with two hands--like outdoors. Otherwise, a handheld light and handgun is fast and reasonably accurate at across-the-room distance. Our qualification has a one handed series at 21 feet, so it can't be too difficult.

The Lasermax Green Unimax laser is supposedly brighter than red, but greens are also more delicate--too delicate according to Laser Devices, Inc. I haven't made any decisions here, because I have other factors to consider that are specific to my work situation.