• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: eCan

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Hello, I'm looking to buy 5 or more eCans. Please PM me or post here what you have available. Thanks

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I emailed the Shoppe but never received a reply. So I'm assuming they'll be back when the Aleph engines are back in stock? Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

In the meantime, still looking if anyone has any extras.

9x23

Enlightened
Darkzero

I emailed them (and posted a thread) a few months back and did receive a response that they don't have any more left for sale. They did have some reserved for personal use, and unless those come up for sale I understand there are currently no plans for more. If you do a search for "ecan" the shoppe doesn't even list those any longer.

I have a few PR and PR-T heads that I wanted to upgrade to a SSC, so what I ended up doing is, after removing the ecan from the head, use a punch and hammer to knock out the epoxied board. Then I used a dremel with a suitable tip to remove most of the remaining epoxy. It cleaned up pretty well, and I was able to install a new flupic board with epoxy and reinstall in the head, and everything turned out great. You can't even tell the ecan has been rebuilt, and the SSC P4 is a great improvement over the Lux III!

9x23

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I believe 9x23 is correct. Seems like the Ecans are discontinued. I've seen a couple of posts where people say the Ecan will be back in stock at the end of February but they are all mistaken.

Like the link you sent, they are are confusing the Ecan with the EScan. The EScan is for the Aleph engines & are shorter than the Ecans. Ecans were originally for McLux PR heads.

I think I have about 7 PR & PRT heads left that are unbuilt. At one point I know I used some Ecans for some other custom builds & I did buy extra Ecans from the Shoppe a while back. But I also still have some custom esinks for high dome emitters that use ecans.

I guess I could always have some made but I'd like to just buy them if I possibly could.

Thanks