Are these flashlights designed by paul kim of Surefire?

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
Here is the link to these lights: http://www.phoebus.com/flashlights.html
They look an awful lot like Paul Kim from surefire designed them, I could be wrong, but the "caution hot surface" label looks exactly the same as that of one on a surefire, and the body design is pretty close to that of a Surefire as well.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, PK is Surefires VP and designs Surefire....link is to MicroFire HID; Fenix Store and PTS (Pacific Tactical Supply) carry MicroFire.

Search CPF and I believe you will find discussions about same.

jeffb

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
Ah... ok, just checking, I was pretty sure my self that those were knock offs, just checking. In other words surprised they haven't gotten into any legal issues yet, some of their head modules look way too much like a surefire head

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
To verify a few things:
1- I know that Paul Kim is surefire's VP of new designs/ engineering
2- The only reason why I raised this question is that the initials PK showed up on the lights
3- The heads (now I know they aren't made by Paul Kim) looked a lot like SF heads and that is really the big reason for my question.

In the mean time: which light is more worth getting

the LM31 or the Streamlight Micro Stream?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Phoebus is a US company, based in San Francisco. They produce lighting for theatre and movie production as well as arc decco lighting, business lighting, ect. Not sure where their flashlights are made. Would like to know.

Bill

BigD64

Enlightened
I like them both. But I prefer the LM33 to the 31. Micro stream gets the job done but I'd get a Tiablo A1 or a Lumapower Avenger instead. They are a little sturdier.