I lost my first Surefire today

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened
I lost my favorite Surefire light today, an E2e with the long clip on it. Somehow it came out of my pocket while clearing out a road on our deer lease. Its almost as bad as loosing your dog:mecry:. I have no choice but to buy another. Anybody got one for sale:candle:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bet that if you go and walk the areas where you worked thet you could find that light.
I would not give up with out a try.
Otherwise a WTB in the marketplace forum is the place to put a WTB ad for an E2e.
Yaesumofo

I lost my favorite Surefire light today, an E2e with the long clip on it. Somehow it came out of my pocket while clearing out a road on our deer lease. Its almost as bad as loosing your dog:mecry:. I have no choice but to buy another. Anybody got one for sale:candle:

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened
I haven't given up hope yet, but it is lost somewhere on a 4 mile long trail filled with mud and tree limbs, not to mention a bush hog has been through there since:duck:Its gonna be like trying to fine an olive drag needle in a camoflauge hayfield.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess camouflage colored lights do exactly that...:ohgeez:
rotten luck man...

Crenshaw

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you got lucky with a bright light you might see light shine off your Surefire's reflector on a dark night. More than likely you will have to get a replacement.

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
If you know someone with an IR camera from their work and you searched on a cool but sunny day, your light might be picking up enough heat from the sun to show against the cooler background.
That's a lot of "if's" though... Could be faster than metal detecting if you got lucky, but probably not as certain.
Too bad it wasnt a MiniM*g with a blinking IQ switch, then you could either find it or not care...
I keep saying I'm going to wrap my batteries with my name and phone number in case a good samaritan finds one of my lights... I'm sure I'll get around to it right AFTER I actually lose one!
Best of luck with searching!

mwaldron

Enlightened
I lost my L2 out of my pocket the same way back Sept/October. I was at the shooting range and realized at the end of the day it was gone.

The good news is it's a Surefire, I was at the range again in November and my friend's GF found it buried in the mud/slurry. I washed it off and you can't even tell.

It may yet come back to you, but that's still no excuse to not replace it!

Since then it's been belt holster for the L2 whenever I'm in jeans.

wwglen

Enlightened
I lost a Surefire L4 with a two stade tailcap.

I don't carry $175 lights anymore.

wwglen

roymail

Enlightened
Buy a new one and keep looking for the lost one. If you find the lost one, you can always sell or keep the newer one. It's a win-win... sort of. :thinking:

Can I have it if I find it? :grin2: Best of luck to you.

Optik49

Enlightened

Sorry to hear about that. I had a C2 slide out of my pocket, while at a restaurant. I called 30 minutes later and the waiter said he would check the both. He came back to the phone and said I " I have it right here". When I returned to get it I gave him my last $20.00 and he could not believe I would give him money for finding it. (Oh the Un-enlightened if they only knew)

scottaw

Enlightened
I lost an ML-1 a few weeks ago....bought another one, glad i could find one, but now if i find the old one...well then i'll have a backup!

justmyluck

Newly Enlightened
I keep saying I'm going to wrap my batteries with my name and phone number in case a good samaritan finds one of my lights... I'm sure I'll get around to it right AFTER I actually lose one!
Best of luck with searching!

Rebel, that's a great idea. Maybe a slip of paper that is laminated (or just sealed in scotch tape) to give it just enough durability to withstand being placed back in with each battery change.

You've got me thinking...I may just need to do this!

Eric

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a small peice of paper rolled around the batteries before I insert them. It has the following included:
Name
Address
E-mail address
Cell phone #
and a simple "If found please return to:"
I hope whoever finds it will be honest and return it.
Its at the very least, better than nothing. I figure the batteries will go dead at some point and they will see the note inside when the batteries are removed.

I once lost an E2L on a custom body that I had brought up north to my friends Grandmothers cabin. I noticed when I conducted the "Flashlight Head Count" count in the truck that one was absent. We turned around and headed back up the drive. As we apprroched the cabin the headlights picked up the TIR optic and made its presence known! I was so happy! I thought for sure it was gone! We had been 4 wheeling and shooting in the woods that day and it could have been anywhere. I got very lucky and have since bought some Maxpedition Gear to prevent things like this from happening in the future.

I hope you find it! The experiance will make you care for it that much more if found.

Good Luck!

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a small peice of paper rolled around the batteries before I insert them. It has the following included:
Name
Address
E-mail address
Cell phone #
and a simple "If found please return to:"
I hope whoever finds it will be honest and return it.
Its at the very least, better than nothing. I figure the batteries will go dead at some point and they will see the note inside when the batteries are removed.

Good Luck!

That's actually not a bad idea for lights you carry in the field. I've lost more than one light in the woods through the years. Always disapointing, but I never lost one of my Surefires.

Bill

da.gee

Enlightened
Hope you find your Surefire.

My wife recently returned from an out of town trip and the brand new yellow G2L I got her for Christmas was MIA. The hotel actually had it and shipped it back. Whew!