CPF Outages

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
With what appears to be a record number of CPF outages lately, I did some investigation and located the datacenter utilized by our host, IPlunderWeb.

It is located in Tijuana, Mexico in a good neighborhood. The technician in the photo is also a Flashaholic! This is fortunate because he is frequently required to remove the primary cells from his Ti PD to keep us going during power outages.

If you are impatient at the recurring outages as I was, take heart. As you can easily see, no expense has been spared in securing the finest equipment and facilities available. Thanks CPF!

cpf_server.jpg

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Notwithstanding the above post I have noticed I "lose" CPF 4 or 5 times per week. I do not say this is CPF's fault, just a cheerful mention. Any others having problems? Sometimes it's a few minutes, others it's hours.
???

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sadly, I've experienced the same. It is said, though, that absence makes the heart grow fonder. On another note, the photo just cannot be related to CPF - the guy's got no lights!

Cydonia

Enlightened
Hilarious Picture :D
Yeah... I lose CPF a few times a week... and when it comes back the number of "viewing" in the forum section is down to 5 or 6 people. So it really is a failure that effects everyone. I just chuckle :shakehead

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
is that a stunner... tell me that pic is photoshopped, looks good , update i saved pic and zoomed in :)

Last edited:

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be nice to have stability back again... I think I can remember what it was like ;)

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went down again today for several hours, maybe its the bots again. What do you think Sasha?

Greta

Flashaholic
The outages do not last more than 10-15 minutes. There is always someone here to do a reboot if things start to bog down or actually come to a halt. If it's down for more than that at a time, that's on your end... not the CPF server's. If you check the LifeLine, you can see the time lines for when it goes down and when it comes back up.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
wow sasha i was afraid for the posters above.and ya was nice g lol i have no idea why i thought ya was going to yell at em

Greta

Flashaholic
wow sasha i was afraid for the posters above.and ya was nice g lol i have no idea why i thought ya was going to yell at em
rags... sometimes it's best to just let people hang themselves... know what I mean? ;) :D

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i think you rock sasha .cpf is a kick but flashlight forum. the little time it does go down folks should be able to find something to do in that short time.im gratfull for cpf

gunga

Flashaholic
You know, it's funny. I, like many others, get pretty frustrated by all the frequent, and sometimes long outages.

But, it also shows how addicted we all are to this fabulous forum! I don't know why the outages, but it helps me get other stuff done when CPF is down!

:grin2:

I can't seem to stop wandering this forum...

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think you rock sasha .cpf is a kick but flashlight forum. the little time it does go down folks should be able to find something to do in that short time.im gratfull for cpf
Rags I wasn't trashing Sasha or CPF, it was a legitimate question. I like CPF as well. I wouldn't ask if it wasn't happening frequently. I don't know enough about computers to offer advice or I would. As far as the picture goes I didn't know if the poster intended humor or not. :D

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
As far as the picture goes I didn't know if the poster intended humor or not. :D

Yes, I intended it to be funny. I somehow thought that would be obvious. Sorry if I missed the mark.

Bill

qip - It is a Stunner, and it's for sale here

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
:laughing: +1

I haven't been stalking the fourms too heavily lately, so I haven't been affected by the outages recently. The past few months I've really started understanding how much traffic and data comprises CPF and how much $$$ it truly is to keep things running. Personally I think the CPF staff are doing fine. More of you should join the late night party imho. :D

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha you are implying that CPF is/was infected? :thinking:

What I see is that when CPF goes dark, CPFU and CPFMP also go dark, which leads me to think is a server problem, but I may be wrong.

Good Luck

Pablo

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
rags... sometimes it's best to just let people hang themselves... know what I mean? ;) :D

I really wish that pointing out things that are going on would not be taken as a personal attack. Simply chatting about the current state of the site is at least from me never intended as an attack. And as for time frames a lot have been ~1 hour by looking at the gap between last post before the outage and first one back. And from this side they usually start out with timeouts then somewhere near the end start displaying database errors.

Again I feel that we all appreciate what you do, commentating on problems is meant to bring them to the light of day and possibly get some feedback. Nothing more, take care.