This thing looks pretty darn bright.
Yaesumofo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsV3-IvS8UA

Last edited:

sparc

Newly Enlightened
Light that starts fires...link from Engadget

Link
At 4100 lumens, The Torch is 100 lumens more powerful than The Polarion Helios, the former most powerful flashlight. Apparently Wicked Lasers has The Torch currently in review at the Guinness Book of World Records.

Measurements of the torch are 57mm x 230mm. The battery lasts for 15min. The 4100 lumens can be adjusted via a high efficiency reflector. The casing is made from aerospace grade aluminum.

The Torch sells for $299.99 at the Wicked Lasers site.

jufam44

Enlightened
Wicked Laser's Torch

Anyone seen this? Seems like a blatant Mac-ripoff. Any oppinions?

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Anybody seen the Wicked 4100 Lumen Torch?

I've been thinking about building something like this but pretty much lack the inclination after a days work. So a turnkey paper-setter-on-firer would be ideal :) And Wicked would be among the top choices for the first company I'd buy it from.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've got 2 lights that can cook eggs and set fires. :)

$299 isnt a bad price for a turnkey unit. And if WL stands behind this like they do their lasers then it'll have good support.

Shane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Light that starts fires...link from Engadget

I move for the deletion of this, these lights have been popular on the custom track for a long time, it's only getting more press because wicked lasers has ripped off the design and made a turn key operation out of it, if you search for USL you will find many long threads on the topic.

Although a lot of people will be happy, good USL parts are hard to come by these days.

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast

Totally lame that they think it's the worlds brightest flashlight. :thumbsdow

If they only knew.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anybody else having trouble getting onto Wicked's website?

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast

I move for the deletion of this, these lights have been popular on the custom track for a long time, it's only getting more press because wicked lasers has ripped off the design and made a turn key operation out of it, if you search for USL you will find many long threads on the topic.

Although a lot of people will be happy, good USL parts are hard to come by these days.

I don't see a problem with it. I'm not going to build one, but I might go ahead and *buy* one! But I'll let someone else go first. :D

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast

The wicked lasers flashlight is just a poor copy of Mac's "The Torch".

Besides, at 4100 lumens, it gets beaten by Mac's later creation, yet to be officially named...

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/147981

Will he make this things for a slob off the street like me? Or did he just build it for his own amusement? I've been here a while now and I've sen a LOT of incredible one-offs. But making something like this available to anyone with a Paypal is a Good Thing if you ask me! :)

tussery

Enlightened

I've been thinking about building something like this but pretty much lack the inclination after a days work. So a turnkey paper-setter-on-firer would be ideal :) And Wicked would be among the top choices for the first company I'd buy it from.
Even with all the numerous reports of their lasers not measuring up to what they are advertised as. I wouldn't be surprised if the light only put out 3000 bulb lumens.

JosephK

Newly Enlightened

The Slashdot article mentioned that they're going for a Guiness record? Not sure how they could take it on account of brightness alone.

Must be brightness a mass manufactured light or something.