Dereelight CL1H problem.

MartinSE

Newly Enlightened
Q2-2SM. When I switch from low to high there is a gap of about half a turn when the light shuts off. Quite often when I leave the light on high next time I want to fire it up nothing hapens and I have to tighten or loosen the head to make it work. I sent Alan an e-mail about it and he told me to "clean the pill, rear of the reflector, clean the inner of the conductive surface in head, then install them back". I tried it several times and even ordered deoxit and tried with that but the probem remains. I just sent Alan a new e-mail about it but want to ask you all if anyone has any suggestions.

Cheers!

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you clean and Deoxit the threads where the body tube (battery tube) screws into the head?

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try unscrewing the whole head assembly(like you were putting it in low, but don't stop). Clean the threads, top of the battery tube, and contact plate. When I'm switching from high to low I get a transition flicker, not an instant high to low. I certainly don't get a half turn of off ,I did have the same sort of problem(mine wasn't as bad as a 1/2 turn) that cleaning took care of. Edit I see Wade was thinking the same thing.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Forgive me if this has been asked by someone else...If so, I have just not seen it.

Does any American distributor carry Dereelight products? I hate buying Chinese lights that cannot get local (this side of the pond) service/replacement when they fail/continually glitch.

Thanks for your help! :)

MartinSE

Newly Enlightened
Try unscrewing the whole head assembly(like you were putting it in low, but don't stop). Clean the threads, top of the battery tube, and contact plate. When I'm switching from high to low I get a transition flicker, not an instant high to low. I certainly don't get a half turn of off ,I did have the same sort of problem(mine wasn't as bad as a 1/2 turn) that cleaning took care of. Edit I see Wade was thinking the same thing.

Hi. Yeah, I've cleaned out everything.

Alan has responded well to my e-mail and is sorting me out!