Tiablo A9 and batteries?

ranmcc

Newly Enlightened
What is the best charger and 18650 batteries to use with this light?

nutz_about_lights

Enlightened
AW batteries seem to be quite popular around here. You can find them in the dealer sales thread (MP forums). I wanted a 2400mah battery, so I got mine from dealextreme.com.

maxilux

Enlightened
The A9 works with 18650 there is no problem, the output is little bit lower as CR123, but there are no problems, use it.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
AW batteries seem to be quite popular around here.

For good reason...

In my own runtime test as indicated above:

AW cells - 41 minutes
Other "popular" R123 cells with same capacity - 27 minutes

The are just better in high drain lights.

MSax

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
AW batteries seem to be quite popular around here. You can find them in the dealer sales thread (MP forums). I wanted a 2400mah battery, so I got mine from dealextreme.com.
AW rates his batteries more conservatively. Some brands (Ultafire) have a tendency to exaggerate there capacity. You can only fit so much in any given size case.

Zenster

Enlightened
Back to the Tiablo lights themselves...

The A8 and A9 are essentially identical with the one difference being their electronics.
The A9 is best optimized to run on 2xCR123's even though it can use an 18650. However, it will run brighter and longer on CR123's.
The A8 is best optimized to run on an 18650 even though it can use CR123's. However, you can't have both light levels until the CR123's bleed down some voltage.

So the short story is that you should pick which Tiablo you buy based totally upon what batteries you intend to run in it MOST of the time.

To the battery question; I've had some really good luck with the Tenergy 2600mah 18650's and charging them with the Pila IBC charger.

maxilux

Enlightened
@Zenster

So it is , you say all what is to say to the A8/A9, no problem, i think, to take the right light.

Latest posts