New LED "bulb"

Patriot

Flashaholic
The article states:

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The 3-Watt LED flashlight bulb is available in the sunlight-visible Cool White (8000K) color temperature."

:huh: ...."sunlight-visible" = 8000K :eek:
[/SIZE][/FONT]

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think we should give the new product a chance. 8000k is probably just some BS marketing to make it seem more impressive. I don't think anyone would describe 8000K as "pure white". Anyone know what emitter it uses? I hope it's not the old luxeon III.

Marduke

Flashaholic
There was a thread about it a while back.

It's an old Lux III being under driven, what's the big deal?

Just a LuxIII copy of the Terralux dropin

Illum

Flashaholic
They're estimating battery life.

8000K is what sucks.

but with what kind of battery? "92 hours" is so vague you can add it to any press release...including hamburgers [introducing hamburgers that last 92 hours longer...:whistle:]

8000K? since when is sunlight light blue?
I'd expect 4000K aka warm white if their going to throw in "sunlight" in the same statement:shakehead

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at their own graph, at 92 hour it's barely glowing. But at least they are honest about that and show the runtime graph.

fxstsb

Newly Enlightened
What I see is a flashlight that is pretty bright for 8 hrs. I have a problem with the incandescent bulb putting out 600 FC. That is the same as lumnes. Just think about the bright surefires etc and how much they put out. My little 160 lumen LED is way much brighter than an incondescent maglite.