It was just a simple search, now i'm testing ....

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was just a simple search, now i\'m testing ....

one day i'm doing a simple search trying to get some info on flashlights, the next thing I know is I find this forum and a few days later I own a Surefire G2 , an Inova X5, and a dozen extra 3 volt lithium 123a batteries from Surefire, I guess this is somewhat a common story. The next thing I know i'm under my house comparing light patterns from my old generic 2(D cell) flashlight that has a pathetic light pattern versus my new Surefire G2 that blows it away and it will fit in my pocket. I've got a lamp next to my bed but sure enough, my new Inova X5 is on my nightstand for some unkown reason, what exactly is going on, can anyone help me, this is my first post.

Darkcobra

Enlightened
Re: It was just a simple search, now i\'m testing ....

Brotha, I know how you feel.
2 weeks ago, I thought that my MiniMag with a Brinkmann Nexstar Xenon bulb was great! Then I found CPF and in that 2 weeks, I now have 2 CMG Reactors, an SF G2 with the P61 lamp coming and a Streamlight Scorpion along with a handful of CR123's. I've seen plenty of threads with this similar issue and thought that I'd finally enter in my story, hehe.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

I read about a guy on this forum who carries 5 lights with him when he goes out, I doubt if I will find myself in that position but I do wonder how much better the 120 lumen SF lights would be. I do belong to some other forums, so I guess I could describe myself as a well rounded compulsive,
LOL, Passat forums, Digital Photography review, Home theater forums , and Audio Video Science forums, never to be bored and able to appreciate the finer points of a lot of things.Come on guys, how much better would the 120 lumen lights be?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

welcome to the board!

sounds like you're doing good so far!

are you possibly refering to me?
i carry:
arc aaa - right pants pocket
sf e2e - left pants pocket
1w luxeon brinkmann 3aa mod - left pants pocket
nightbuster 7x - coat pocket
1w mag 3d mod - school bag (not always with me, only at school

in the summer monts, i only carry 3, due to the lack of coat, unless i think i will need my bigger lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

as soon as the funding for my secret project comes in, i will be carrying at least 4 in my pants, to be with me at all times /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirk

Enlightened

keithhr,
Welcome. No, no one can help you! You've posted a message. There is no going back. Have you noticed that your screen flashes at random? These are subliminal messages to buy more lights. More than you could possibly ever use! I was perfectly normal until about a year ago. Now I have over 100 flashlights. And I want more! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Kirk

onelight

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Hey I know just what you guys are talking about,I have been looking around cpf about 2 months ,I was lured here when I did a search for "LED flashlight" I to was happy whith my mini-mag and my 5d mag.but now inova-x5,bb-400,ifinity ultra,opalec,arcAAA,e1e,e2e,LSH-S & LSH-P,KL1 on order,now my wife says I am not alowed to read to any thing Rothandir posts. WARNING he is a aery bad influance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif but I like it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

onelight

Enlightened

I hope there are no teachers here to check my typing and spelling.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

ahem...

hello mrs. onelight, my, you look lovely tonight! thank you for gracing our thread with your lovely eyes. i only wish that we could hear from you directly, as oppossed to the hearsay of your husband. surely you don't mind him reading my posts?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

now I ordered an arc aaa cause I needed a nice light to attach to my car keys, I almost got the arc LS but I decided I needed to check it out in person to see if it would be too big. I'm getting to the end seemingly of lights that I can really justify or am I kidding myself?
Anyone highly recommend the ARC LS?

onelight

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Just got my ARC LS the other day it is much brighter and much more compact than my inova X5. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast

I carry seven lights on me everyday:

Arc AAA
Arc LSG
Photon III
Streamlight Stylus III
Surefire G2
Surefire E1e (soon to be gone)
PT Impact II

Yeah. We're all like that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Dan

pyramus

Newly Enlightened

I got sucked in too! After 1 month I now have, L1,E2e+KL1, M4, and 7 Arc AAA's.

BackStage

Newly Enlightened

Thanks to this forum I got my first LED and my first lithium. CMG Ultra and Pelican M6. I'm waiting for the d's in my 2 cell mag to die so I can make it a C light. My minimag is doomed for an LED mod I'm sure.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have been thinking that in addition to the arc aaa I just ordered that either the arc ls (single 123a) or the surefire e1 might be a better choice than the arc aaa. Anyone have opinions on the differences between the Arc LS versus the surefie E1,I'm planning on checking them out on Monday. I'm really not overly excited about my Inova XT5, after only less than 1/2 hour use, the sanyo batteries that came with it dimmed way down, I took them out, put in some sufefire lithium 123 and then put the sanyos back in and it seemed to work ok. It seems like the XT5 is more of an emergency, low light out put device.
thanks for your comments.