Help w/ DX X.1 & 14500?

jake25

Enlightened
I turn the flashlight on, but back off the tailcap, when i screw it back down i get one flash or a 1/2 second of light and its off again

i'm using ultrafire protected 14500's

when i use eneloops it works fine

whats happening?

jake25

Enlightened
amazingly enough its working now

however sometimes it doesn't probably 7/10 times it works

i cleaned all the contacts too

Mr.Urahara reloaded

Newly Enlightened
I use unprotected 14500 in the X1 because protected are a tad too long so the tailcap cannot make connection to the tube. Try another brand ( AW's won't fit, that's for sure. Or use unprotected but then you have to be VERY careful what you are doing and check from time to time with a multimeter the voltage, or just use eneloops with less brightness...

MfG Mr.Urahara

boodaheadz

Newly Enlightened
Trustfire 14500 protected cell from kaidomain works perfectly for me in my X.1.

drillbit

Newly Enlightened
I use unprotected 14500's in my X.1 because, as Mr. Urahara said, protected 14500's are too long to make good contact:sigh:. I do keep a very close eye out for dimming, so as not to ruin a perfectly good cell.

Flic

Enlightened
I really love the performance of my X1. I have been using AW's protected 14500s with absolutely NO problems. Could this be due to batch variances with either the batteries or lights? Either way I am extremely pleased. Sorry to hear others have not been so lucky.

boodaheadz

Newly Enlightened
It might be the battery. I just compared my trustfire protected 14500 with a Duracell alkaline AA and a powerizer nimh AA. The trustfire is actually a little shorter than the duracell and the powerizer. Probably by 1mm from what I can tell.(can't get exact measurments since I don't have any kind of measurment device)
On my X1 I use a post-it note around the 14500 to cure the very slight rattle from the battery.