UK 2AAA - and other water proof LEDs.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blikbok...I've had one for a few weeks now that I ordered from Bright-Guy. It has a focused beam that is similar to a Pal or Brinkmann Rebel, but it is wider and not quite as bright. There are some artifacts in the beam, no peripheral light to speak of, and peering through the bezel there appears to be a step-up circuit to provide the LED ample juice. Like most UK products, this little thing is pretty close to indestructable! The light it puts out is not mind-blowing by any means, but it is perfectly adequate for what it was designed for...a long running, small task light. I've used mine a LOT since getting it, and I'm still on my first set of batteries with no detectable dimming. For the price, I'd definitely recommend it!

PJD

Blikbok

Enlightened
So the beam isn't as wide and diffuse a bare single led, but it's not as tight as an Impact?

In terms of brightness, what would you compare it to?

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
At a distance of about 10 feet, the UK's beam is almost twice as wide as the Impact's and a little more than half as bright. That may not seem too impressive in terms of brightness, but for a light that's less than half the size of the Impact II, the output isn't bad. I like mine...

PJD