Ever dream about flashlights?

nbp

Flashaholic
Hey don't laugh, but in a dream last night, most of which I don't remember, I ended up buying two new lights. From what I do remember, my guess is they were SF L1 and M4. I know people were teasing me since I spent so much money on them, but I was really happy with my purchases. Until I woke up and found out that I didn't actually have either of those lights. That's a crappy way to wake up. I suspect scouring the SF website right before bed may have had something to do with it. Any one else have a flashlight dream? (I don't even want to get into what Freud would say about this situation) :shakehead

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Yup!

More than once! :)

I also dream that I get stuff I wanted, just to wake up and find out I really havent bought them! :mad:

In fact, since I was a child I have thought about stuff I like (flashlights and other gadgets) just to get to sleep easier! I then always had to have some toy I liked just to be able to sleep. It wasnt a teddy or something like that, it could be a phone I had cut the wire to and put a telescope antenna on, and pretended it was a cellular or something. Stuff like that, and now I find my selves fall asleep much easier when I bring a light in bed or some other thing I like. I actually dont do that now when I have a GF, she would think Im crazy (oh oh... find out Im crazy! :D ). would´nt wanna talk to Freud either! :D

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure, I dreamed about my Surefire A2 :) (that was before I got one as a gift!). I also had a dream about an Arc AAA-P, I had to buy one few weeks after that dream. And I also remember I once had a dream where a clickie tailcap failed right when I needed it the most. I think I am sick ... :sick:....:D

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Yup!

More than once! :)

I also dream that I get stuff I wanted, just to wake up and find out I really havent bought them! :mad:

In fact, since I was a child I have thought about stuff I like (flashlights and other gadgets) just to get to sleep easier! I then always had to have some toy I liked just to be able to sleep. It wasnt a teddy or something like that, it could be a phone I had cut the wire to and put a telescope antenna on, and pretended it was a cellular or something. Stuff like that, and now I find my selves fall asleep much easier when I bring a light in bed or some other thing I like. I actually dont do that now when I have a GF, she would think Im crazy (oh oh... find out Im crazy! :D ). would´nt wanna talk to Freud either! :D

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've had several dreams about flashlights; I've posted them on CPF before, so I'll just direct you to my online diary of my dreams and you can find them for yourself:
Dream Diary

PARENTAL WARNING: Some of these pages contain mild potty language. Please excersize caution.

There are a couple of them in this post I made on CPF on 03-27-07.

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a dream where i was part of an elite professional thief group ( :crackup: ) and we broke into an apartment, and i shined my T1 around, and it was pretty dim, and i thought .."so the movies are right, flashlights are always dimmer then you would think when its truely dark, like in all those ghost/monster/zombie shows, the light only lights up a tiny bit of wall ..."

but i think i posted this before :shrug:

Crenshaw

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just the other night,I was dreaming about my new Arc AA..thinking I had it right by my bed. (Then,I woke up..looked on my dresser..no Arc AA.Realized I hadn't even had it shipped to me yet.OOPS!!).
(I found it right here on CPF's B/S/T forum.)

Did I say I like Arc lights... Hmmm,I think I did.

Dantor

Enlightened
The other day I dreamed I was walking outdoors, in fields with nearby woods and as I was walking I started seeing trash, discarded stuff on the ground before me, like stuff from a up-turned garbage can, or fallen from the sky.

and then I started seeing flashlights mixed in, surefires and I was like wow (picking them up). They were like new and and I must have found 2 or 3, then I woke up...

jugg2

Enlightened
Sure have! Just the other night I was thinking about the next few lights I want to buy/build before I went to bed.In my dream I was walking around playing with all the lights I want. When I woke up I was almost depressed lol. I guess the only cure is to go ahead and buy them...

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every single time I order a new light from the internet!

always the same: I dream I'm unpacking my brand new toy, only to wake up, do a tracking and it hasn't even left the warehouse yet :scowl:
or I dream that I'm looking for someone at work to warn that I'm expecting an important package and to bring it right away when it gets here, but something can't find them and suddenly someone hands me a package... only to wake up, do a tracking and it's still at the warehouse :ironic:

I think I might be obsessed...

Illum

Flashaholic
Not once in my dreams have it hit me that I must buy another flashlight, nor has there been any cases where I needed a flashlight in my dream that the flashlight actually worked. :scowl:

Yet I have not had anything fail that I can't replace in the field with either a spare lamp or a spare flashlight ever since I joined in 2006:confused:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Can't say I've ever had a flashlight dream that I remember. Seems surprising considering all the time I spend here and messing with them. Maybe if I gather them all up at one time for a clean and lube it would spark a dream.

Geoff

seaside

Enlightened
I did dream yesterday about this particular flashlight I had on my desk right now.

Nothing special, only differece b/w it and others is that, it will leave me at this mother's day.

I think I should buy another one for myself.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the XP-G thread, someone mentioned the NYC Light Fair. A few nights later, I dreamt I went to the Light Fair. Except, instead of it being in some fancy location, it was a flea market in a parking lot adjacent to the Hudson River. In the dream, I remember examining some flashlights that were for sale with some purported new technology. I was not impresssed, and did not buy anything there. After I woke up, I realized I had to post the dream here. :)

Besides that most recent dream, I've dreamt about flashlights quite a bit both before and now mostly after joining CPF. I think about LED flashlights so much during my waking hours, it makes complete sense for me to dream about them.

Onuris

Newly Enlightened
I have had many dreams where I bought a new flashlight or a knife, gun, paintball gear, etc. Usually happens when I am pondering getting that item, but have not. Then I almost always end up actually purchasing it.

I have had dreams about lights that don't even exist, kind of like my idea of a great light. I remember one where I had something that seemed to be about the size of a 6P, but was brighter than a helicopter search light. And another that would brighten and dim by just thinking about what I wanted the output to be. That was really cool.

What isn't cool is having dreams about being chased by something at night, not sure what, but very scared. Have a flashlight in hand, but it will not come on...

Not to get off topic, but I often have dreams where I am on the toilet doing my business :toilet: ..... but it is in a public place out in the open, or outside, with a lot of people around, some of whom I actually know. The weird part is that in my dream, it seems to be normal, as sometimes others are doing the same, and normal conversations are going on. Would almost like to know the interpretation of this one.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
—had a dream last night about another Favourlight mini lantern sold under a previously unknown label.

Nope, not making it up!