Ready made Q4 or 5 light engine for LP DX-1?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Is there such a thing? I got it with a LUX V and a K2. K2 has better tint but is not nearly as bright as the LumaPower Luma Hunter I got at the same time.

I may need someone to update the K2 module.

I searched the web pretty good and can't find ANYTHING new for the DX-1....

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just posted a question in CPFMP Lumapower's Products Update Thread.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Here is pic that Nitroz asked about.

LumaPowerDX1Pill.jpg

4newlights.jpg

It's the big light!

Last edited:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can probably do a direct replacement with a Seoul Q bin. It is probably a bit more difficult to switch to a cree. Even the new Q 5 cree isn't any stronger than a good Seoul Led. ( might get some argument- but they're close!) Photon Fanatic (dealers section) has just listed some new Seoul Led's that have an isolated base- even though the regular seoul will work when swapping it with another led that is on a board- since the board is isolated.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can probably do a direct replacement with a Seoul Q bin. It is probably a bit more difficult to switch to a cree. Even the new Q 5 cree isn't any stronger than a good Seoul Led. ( might get some argument- but they're close!) Photon Fanatic (dealers section) has just listed some new Seoul Led's that have an isolated base- even though the regular seoul will work when swapping it with another led that is on a board- since the board is isolated.

Say what? Where? When?
I think you may be thinking of emitters on star bases that are inherently isolated.
And is it a Seoul U bin or Q bin?
Are you sniffing toner fumes from those drum lights? :poke:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reply from Ricky about my question of updating the DX1 to a Cree Module.

"We had done the test for DX1 with XR-E since very long time ago, but it does not work so good as we predict and we go for MRV finally".

Maybe in the future I'll drop a SSC in the K2 Module.