Malkoff 3 D cell drop in

hiluxxulih

Enlightened
I recieved my Malkoff 3d drop in and yikes its bright :thumbsup:, I think I burned out my retinas :D, is there anyway to clean up the beam I dont think I cut off the cone the right way . by the way the post office must have flown it here on a F22 raptor something it was fast .

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
I recieved my Malkoff 3d drop in and yikes its bright :thumbsup:, I think I burned out my retinas :D, is there anyway to clean up the beam I dont think I cut off the cone the right way . by the way the post office must have flown it here on a F22 raptor something it was fast .

You might wanna try the light orange peel reflector from Malkoff to clean up the beam. Yes, Gene ships his products fast.

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
I have 2 more drop-ins coming (should arrive today). If you have a spare reflector, go to K-Mart and get a can of KRYLON CLEAR ACRYLIC SPRAY. Hold the can about 18" above the reflector and give it a few even sprays. Let it dry and put it back in the light to see how the beam is. Perform it again until your satisfied. Mine turned out very nice.

Last edited:

arty

Enlightened
I have one of Gene's stippled reflectors. I also have smooth reflectors. The stippled reflector will smooth out the beam, but cut the throw. My experience was to first use the stippled reflector and I really liked the beam. Then I tried one of my cut down ones and discovered that you don't really see the beam irregularities when outside. You see them on an inside wall.

I suggest using a tight beam setting outside at night and see how that works out before spraying your reflector. You might like what you see with a tight focus. I get great throw and fine spill.

The reflector needs to be cut off about 1/8" from the cone. I evened my cut out with a belt sander.

hiluxxulih

Enlightened
Sweet I will have to tinker with it tonight , I was doing my pretrip on my semi this mornig at about 3 Am and its a scorcher .