• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD* Mag 2C ROP-High, Pewter, Beamshots, $115

Drewfus2101

Enlightened
-Mag 2C, Pewter, just taken out of the package
-UCL
-Kai MOP Cam/Camless (cam is installed) Aluminum Reflector - no plastic reflector to melt.
-Mag C Tower - don't worry about melting the stock plastic bulb holder.
-2 x 18650 Trustfire Protected (2500mAh) *included*
**These batteries fire up this ROP High bulb on the FIRST click 99% of the time.
-ROP High bulb - This is the first light this was used in
-ROP Low bulb - Tested and does work
-Mag Ring 2 Kit (18650 Battery tube, Lanyard/extension ring, tail-cap connection)

Also included is 1 small magnet that is needed between the batteries. Everything that is needed is included. The batteries are even charged. Just pop them in and go.

Based on LuxLuthor's calculations on the ROP-High bulb, it is capable of putting out just over 1900 lumens. However, when using 18650 batteries, you experience voltage sag under load. That along with some small estimated losses in the stock mag switch (no tail spring = no loss there) would lead to a lumen output estimated (by someone much smarter than myself) of just under 700 lumens.

I also had a chance to test this in my light box. It read dead on 5 times brighter than a Mag with a P4 driven at 1amp.

Based on the maximum amp pull from the bulb (4.8 amps), battery life should be right at 30 minutes on these fully charged batteries.

PICS:
You can see where I put a solder blob on the switch + connection where it meets the batteries. This way you don't need to use a small magnet that could move and short with the side of the body.
pic10oq4.jpg

The body is perfect.
pic02jo1.jpg

Battery shots:
pic03va6.jpg

pic04ee6.jpg

pic05ac4.jpg

Mag Ring 2 tail-cap setup:
pic06wn0.jpg

Beamshots:
-No flash, manual settings, manual focus. Just to show how smooth the beam pattern is.
pic09hj1.jpg

Same as above but with flash:
pic01dr3.jpg

http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic08ya4.jpg

http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic07uo9.jpg

$175 -> $165 -> $150 -> $135 -> $115 shipped Con-us, others add $15, paypal only (credit card add 3%)

EDIT: Only selling to get rid of spare parts laying around and fund other projects.

Night beam shots to follow.

Last edited:

Drewfus2101

Enlightened
Re: FS: Mag 2C ROP-High, Pewter

Beamshots, bushes are 35 or 40 feet away, camera settings on manual:

Backyard reference shot:
flashlightreferenceev5.jpg

ROP-High:
mag2crophigh01wi0.jpg

ROP-low
mag2croplow01tv3.jpg

DX WF-600 3W CREE Q2, says 240 lumens on the side, a real thrower:
dxcreeq2240lumensrh8.jpg

Mag 2C w/ P4 buck controller at 800ma, tight spot:
magp4800manh6.jpg

Romisen Cree RC-D4 Flashlight, Q2 buck driver at 800ma:
romisenrcd4nm2.jpg

Ultrafire C2 HA-III Cree LED Flashlight (3.6V~9V), Q2, 1x18650:
ultrafirec2jf5.jpg

Drewfus2101

Enlightened
Re: FS: Mag 2C ROP-High, Pewter

Price drop cause I'm in a good mood.
And I'll be doing some new mag resistance fixes this weekend.

Drewfus2101

Enlightened
Re: FS: Mag 2C ROP-High, Pewter, Beamshots, $150

So with a little free time this weekend, I started messing around with some resistance fixes. I wanted to try something a little different than the norm though.

I'm just not a big fan of the + connection spring, so I wanted to find a way to remove it. The biggest problem with removing it would be the loss of the quick focus using the reflector cam. No biggie there, as with the aluminum reflector, the cam makes it harder to turn the quick focus than with the plastic cam. Kind of annoying, so I don't use it anyways.

So I decided to take some measurements of resistance in the stock Mag switch. From the very bottom where the + button of the battery would touch to where the + tip of the bulb would touch measured 3.4 ohms resistance. From the - contact screw tip on the back that grounds to the body of the Mag to the top ring that screws down to hold in the bulb measured 0.4 ohms resistance (I see no reason, and there is no room, to mess with the - side).

So with my baseline, I decided to pull out the stock Mag spring and see if I could improve on it. I found a few different length bolts and tried them till I found a length that I liked and worked with the bulb and holder installed. Then I had to lock the bulb holder in place once I had it pushed down all the way so that it was squeezing the bolt like the spring would be and keeping it from moving. I locked it by using a small washer on the set screw follower that is used by the reflector cam for the quick focusing. Once I had all that done, you can still change bulbs just like normal.

I checked the + path resistance and found it to now be 0.4 ohms.

You can still focus the beam just like you would an LED on an heatsink. It just takes longer.

I decided to check the output in my lightbox. Mind you, this is on the SAME batteries as the last time, which was weeks ago, and the same batteries as the beamshots, and the same batteries that have been in this light that I've been testing with. Once in the lightbox, you can actually watch the numbers drop like a timer. So any small amount of runtime will reduce the light output greatly (remember 30 minutes runtime). The lightbox showed an increase of 30% overall output.

I guess I'm going to have to get new beamshots and pictures of what I did. It doesn't look that much brighter to my eyes, but I'm more of a numbers guy anyways.

Last edited:

Drewfus2101

Enlightened
Re: FS: Mag 2C ROP-High, Pewter, Beamshots, $115

This light had been sitting for a long time and I grabbed it and it turned on with the first click, along with every first click after.