"out of regulation" notification...what if.

jayhackett03

Enlightened
the past couple of days i've noticed my "around the house" Cree L1 has been getting slightly dimmer.

i just got to thinking, what if the flashlight had some kind of notification that it was now out of the regulation flatline? i was thinking it could do a 1/10 second blink when you turn it on, something of that sort. what do you all think?

hey for never posting here, i think i came up with a good idea!

Everett

Newly Enlightened
that's a feature I would definitely want. I am always trying to guess with my E1L.

greenLED

Flashaholic
the past couple of days i've noticed my "around the house" Cree L1 has been getting slightly dimmer.

i just got to thinking, what if the flashlight had some kind of notification that it was now out of the regulation flatline? i was thinking it could do a 1/10 second blink when you turn it on, something of that sort. what do you all think?
The Gladius does that.

Some lights start flickering slightly when they fall off regulation (the Arc LS does that, for example). After the batts can't sustain regulation, the flickering stops and you're in the later part of the discharge curve.

Carpenter

Enlightened
My L1 Cree was blinking the other day, then it went completely out of regulation with probably a 2 lumen output. ZTS reported the battery at 0%. I'm thinking the blinking was my notice..