Is this a normal beamshot of a Fenix T1?

ddgarcia05

Newly Enlightened
I just got my Fenix T1 with a Smooth Reflector today, and I know smooth reflectors cause there to be a ring around the beam, but is this really how it suppose to look? I took several pics but camera didn't pick up the ring as I see it, which is like this...

Beamshot.jpg

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't had a chance to check out a Fenix T1 with a smooth reflector. Not sure if that is normal, does the emitter look centered in the reflector?

The more important thing is, how does it perform outdoors? With a smooth reflector the light is more suited for spotting distant targets, like 100+ feet, and at that distance I doubt you'd notice what you're seeing on a white wall. If you want a nice clean beam for a white wall and illuminating things that are closer to you, a textured reflector is the way to go.

ddgarcia05

Newly Enlightened
No the emitter doesn't look at all centered, it's flushed to one side. What do I do now?

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would not be concerned about it, but thats a subjective thing and understand if you are not happy.

If you got it from fenix-store.com, zap 'em an email and I suspect they will make you happy.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you get the head off? If you can you might be able to try and turn the reflector and position it better.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of my smooth reflector lights (I buy a good # of them) have a slightly off center emiter/vs. reflector....your beamshot looks pretty normal to me. Just my .02

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
My recently acquired P3D Q5 with OP reflector has a perfectly centered emitter, first Fenix of mine to have one, and still has a lopsided dark ring like in your pic. :shrug:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many of my lights have off-centered beams. Close to 10 of my lights.