Single-cell AAA flashlight poll

Which of the listed single-cell AAA flashlights do you prefer?

• Arc AAA

Votes: 53 25.9%
  • Fenix L0D

Votes: 76 37.1%
  • LiteFlux LF2

Votes: 18 8.8%
  • LumaPower Avenger

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Maglite Solitaire

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • MJP Extreme III

Votes: 16 7.8%
  • Peak Matterhorn

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Streamlight Microstream

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • Tiablo A1

Votes: 6 2.9%

• Total voters

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Out of the listed lights I have a L0D, a L0D CE, a L0D Rebel80, an Avenger, an LF2, a Solitaire and a Tiablo A1. I voted for LiteFlux LF2. :grin2:

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, L0D-CE. And that is based on just the P4 edition. The Q4 on the way should impress even more.

I wonder how long it will take for the Mag Solitaire to get its first vote?

NextLight

Enlightened
I am not a big fan of AAAs for carry, but love to play with my Solitaire SMJLED powered by an AW 10440 thru a 10 Ohm 1/4W resistor I built into the the stock tail cap. It is useful for up close work.

Next I am planning on a Sol cutdown for a 10180 running at 2C into a 1W LED.

I am a little po' at the moment so I am mostly using parts I have in inventory.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak Matterhorn 3 LED running on a lithium here. I've had it a couple of years on my key ring and it's my backup to my EDC. Always works when I need it.

Glasstream15

Newly Enlightened
I had to vote Solitaire because The Admiral has 1 in her purse and I have 1 in my camera box. And with both of us now fully retired and living on a very fixed income, toy money is not very plentiful. So, I'll save up a bit and then see what may be available. I just don't have quite that much use for 1XAAA lights though. 2 or 3 XAA is more what I look for.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to vote Solitaire because The Admiral has 1 in her purse and I have 1 in my camera box. And with both of us now fully retired and living on a very fixed income, toy money is not very plentiful. So, I'll save up a bit and then see what may be available. I just don't have quite that much use for 1XAAA lights though. 2 or 3 XAA is more what I look for.

I had written off 1XAAA lights myself until I got the LOD CE.Now I have the
LOD CE,Lumapower Avenger and Tiablo A1.All of these lights are bright and produce more light than any 2XAAA that I am aware of.If you can save enough for one you may be surprised.My wife loves her Tiablo A1 and refers to it as her "good" light even though she has a number of other quality lights that I have given her.

I didn't vote in the poll because I couldn't choose between the three lights I mentioned.All three are different and have their own merits.Depending on my needs I have at least one of the three with me every day.Honestly, I never thought a single AAA light would be as usefull as these three are.:grin2:

gunga

Flashaholic
Would anyone consider the (discontinued) Fenix E0? 11 hours of flat runtime on alkaline (I think it is) seems pretty amazing...

Patriot

Flashaholic
For sure the Arc is rugged simplicity but I had to vote LOD. I know have four of them all with different emitters. The P4 of course is quite the little marvel.

Now....give us an R2 please Fenix.. :naughty:

Lumenz

Enlightened
Would anyone consider the (discontinued) Fenix E0? 11 hours of flat runtime on alkaline (I think it is) seems pretty amazing...

I considered putting the E0 in the poll, but I wanted this poll to be something people could reference when getting a new AAA flashlight. By seeing what most CPF'ers like best, you can rest assured that the most popular lights are really good lights. Since the E0 is discontinued and will be harder to find in the future, I decided it would not be a good addition to the list even though it may be a great flashlight for some.