good disc-to-disc copying software for Windows?

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for a good on-the-fly disc copier.
I don't want to install all the bloat of Nero or Roxio just for this one feature so can anyone recommend a good program? Free is great but commercial is ok too.
I want to insert a CD, data or music, have it record, then insert a blank CD and have it write.
No mucking about with ISO or other images, just plain and simple copying of both music and data discs.

Last edited:

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for a good on-the-fly disc copier.
I don't want to install all the bloat of Nero or Roxio just for this one feature so can anyone recommend a good program? Free is great but commercial is ok too.
I want to insert a CD, data or music, have it record, then insert a blank CD and have it write.
No mucking about with ISO or other images, just plain and simple copying of both music and data discs.

I now use CDBurnerXP with satisfying results!

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool, thanks for that.
I swear I tried that one a few weeks ago and it didn't do what I wanted but now it looks like I may have just missed a few options.
:thumbsup:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Nero is all I use for burning but if you don't want to install, use Nero Portable. Just open the exe & Nero runs, no installation needed.

Nero Micro, never heard of that. Is it similar to Nero portable?

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like Nero Micro (and Nero Lite) is a stripped-down version of Nero that's been compiled by a 3rd-party.
It runs only if you own a valid license so you pay full-price for a product you're not using only to install a hacked version that could be abandoned by the creator at any time with no support.
Doesn't seem like a good deal to me.
And the Micro version is 25MB so it still looks like bloat to me.
Thanks though.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.alcohol-soft.com/
Alcohol, I love this prog. It's exactly as you described, you put a disk in, choose one of the few options on your left, it makes an image, spits the disc out and asks for the next, then burns and spits out the finished disk. Fast and easy.