Hubblelight upgrade from Xenon to LED?

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hubblelight Xenon to LED upgrade?

Hi all,
Relative new comer to the forum. Now that I've reacquired the bug for flashlights again (started out with Mags as a teen) and having recently acquired a Dereelight and a L0D, I've been looking through all my junk and found a few I'd like to upgrade. I've been able to find LED upgrades for the Mags given their popularity (and the fact the company is still around) but what I'm having trouble locating is a upgrade for a flashlight that simply has the name: HubbleLight on the side. It's fluorescent yellow in color and runs on 3Cs. Was supposed to be super bright for its time (xenon bulb).

Anyone have any ideas about this light and whether there is an LED upgrade for it? I think I read somewhere that it was a knock off of the Pelican lights (and it actually does bear a very strong resemblance to the 2000 model).

I apologize if this should in fact be in the LED forum but just that the light itself is incandescent (sort of).

TIA!,
Tim

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys, hope you can help a noob out. I initially posted this on the Incandescent forum but haven't received any replies (I don't think Hubblelight is in biz anymore) but hopefully someone here might know about it?

OP here

TIA!,
Tim

lumenal

Enlightened
Re: Hubblelight upgrade?

Hey turboBB, I have the same light and would love to upgrade it with an LED of some sort - it seems to be a very tough polymer light.

Good question, hopefully someone will share ideas... :popcorn:

DM51

Flashaholic
Re: Hubblelight upgrade?

Welcome to CPF, turboBB.

The Incan boys do not seem to have reacted with tremendous enthusiasm to your original thread title. Your idea of converting a light from Xenon to LED would be quite unlikely to be regarded by them as an "upgrade", lol.

I think this will do better in the LED forum, so I'm merging the two threads for you and moving them here to LED.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi DM51, thx for that! and apologies if anyone was offended by my post.

LiterLeaner

Newly Enlightened
Is this the light that you are talking about? :sssh:

Hub01.jpg

I took a step drill bit (multiple size cone) and carefully drilled out the stock reflector. Then went to the local wal-mart, purchased a maglite drop in 3 cell LED, enlarged the stock spring with 2 pairs of needle nose pliers and now I have a very usable flashlight. The beam is very tight and nice.

Hub02.jpg

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, totally forgot about this thread until I saw my HubbelLite in the corner of my closet.

Thx LL, that looks very similar to the model I have (with some subtle styling differences). Mine is model 3003-C and looks like the one here:
http://www.aecinfo.com/1/resourcefile/00/27/67/hble055.htm

(it looks like the current incarnation of this light is the Pelican SabreLite 2000 series:
http://www.pelican.com/lights_detail.php?recordID=2000)

The Xenon lamp module is 2004-UL:
4273453026_7f02f2fc49.jpg
4273453114_0225b6473d.jpg

The bezel is 34.7mm in diameter and overall height is 35.2 mm (including the spring). It looks like a P60 module but bigger.

I'd prefer to upgrade with a direct LED replacement drop in if possible so are you guys aware of any?

Thx!,
Tim

LiterLeaner

Newly Enlightened
I looked around but was not able to find a direct replacement.

As for the light itself, yes mine is the 3 cell C light as well.

Good luck on your search!:candle: