Buy or not buy: [email protected]

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If you don't mind the lack of warranty(and a small cosmetic change), then from what I know, it is the same as the Lumapower D-Mini. The story I've heard(well, that I can remember) was that Lumapower split up and one of the sides started supplying DX with Lumapower lights.

There was at least one review around here somewhere...

Patriot

Flashaholic
Unless you're a gambler the Lumapower with warranty may be a better choice.

Time and time again Battery Junction has happily honored all warranty issues with the lights they sell.

CandleFranky

Enlightened
Unless you're a gambler the Lumapower with warranty may be a better choice. Time and time again Battery Junction has happily honored all warranty issues with the lights they sell.
Yes, but for me, the Battery Junction price with shipping ($90) is double the Dealextreme price which includes shipping worldwide ($45). :mecry:

@Gunner12: Thank you for your information. But I can't find a test here about the Dealextreme D-Mini Q2. :rolleyes:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Yes, but for me, the Battery Junction price with shipping ($90) is double the Dealextreme price which includes shipping worldwide ($45). :mecry:

Price at Battery Junction is $64.95 plus as a CPF member you get 5% off of that. Use cpf2006 in the coupon code box when you check out. Unless you're oversees $25 worth of shipping sounds really high to me....? Are you sure you calculated that correctly?

Many people purchase from DX without issue, but you might want to take a look at the "Jeers" section of the forum. There is no shortage of Jeers for DX. You kinda have to decide if the $20 difference is worth purchasing from a great dealer, with warranty and with the natural HA finish. For me it's worth it but understandably it may not be worth it some. :)

Either way, your choice of lights in the D-Mini is good. I really like mine very much.

Good Luck

CandleFranky

Enlightened
Price at Battery Junction is $64.95 plus as a CPF member you get 5% off of that. Use cpf2006 in the coupon code box when you check out. Unless you're oversees $25 worth of shipping sounds really high to me....? Are you sure you calculated that correctly?
Patriot36, thank you very much for your helpful informations and your kind advice. :thumbsup:

Shipping (international airmail 4-14 days) is exactly $18.25, I have just checked it. You are right, perhaps it is better to order from one of the best shops, then getting trash AGAIN from Dealextreme. DX is not so bad, but they are cheap and their products are mostly low cost and also low quality. :sick2: